The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

M

mattlazz

Snapped this morning just before heading out for a run.
Oly E-600 with 14-45mm:

kweide

WOW, all that stunning stuff.... only 3 weeks away and sooooo many beautiful pics..

While on vacation i was asked to take the role as photographer: an italian wedding ! What a challenge. Okay, had some discussions with the bride, the groom, their parents, the T&Cs and i decided to do that surprise-job. The place: an old, ancient village church on top of a mountain, no real windows, thick walls, hot hot hot. No real light. Hard work for my Metz 58 AF-1. Drained them Sanyo Eneloops to dead.......love them. 850 bounced flashes until dead !

Some results

The Bride

Aside the ceremony

The ring

You are mine

The final kiss

Last edited:

M5-Guy

I have posted these somewhere, I haven't had a lot of opportunity to shoot with my newly acquired G1/17mm, so here are a couple from Friday 7-23-2010

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
E-P2 + mZD 9-18
3 shot HDR, using PhotoEngine and Lightzone for conversion.

C&C Welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

Brian
Brian, thats a wonderful shot

Sometimes HDR gives results that you cannot get any other way. I like the way the sky and the landscape complement eachother. Was this handheld?

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here is a picture of a small cruise ship that was built over 40 years ago. She has a beautiful "retro" look about her.
The pilot has just left his launch (red) to see her out of Kusadasi harbour in Turkey (she is reversing with the help of the blue tug)

Keith

Pana G1 with 45-200 zoom

Hi Tommy,

those are really striking B&W renditions - may I ask what you did in post processing?

Cheers

Brian
Sorry for my late feedback have been a little busy for the last few days, regarding the pictures I have used aperture on mac for the black and white, the setting are expose -1.1, BlackPoint 13.44, Vibrance 0.19, then a little contrast and sharpning in photoshop

Tommy

Last edited by a moderator:

Leica 77

Here is a picture of a small cruise ship that was built over 40 years ago. She has a beautiful "retro" look about her.
The pilot has just left his launch (red) to see her out of Kusadasi harbour in Turkey (she is reversing with the help of the blue tug)
Keith
Pana G1 with 45-200 zoom
Hi Keith,
The Orient Queen is indeed beautiful. I love the gracious "retro" look. Your image is excellent as you included a blue tug boat as well as a red launch next to the queen of the sea. Best, Leica 77. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)