The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
All this talk of the Contax rangefinder lenses reminded me how much I love my Hexanon 57mm f1.2... the E-PL1 with EVF is about the best body I have for use with this relatively heavy DSLR lens.

C&C Welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

Brian
Lovely images Brian

Keith

JGH

Shawn, those are fantastic.
From lively fast flowing rapids to the serenity in the last shot.
Truly great. Really like the last shot BTW

J

JGH

Hi All,
Just one which i shot a couple of nights ago.
Beautiful warm summers night, the birds were out catching the last warm
rays of the sun.

IS0-100 1/400th F10 @ 150mm

Thanks J

M5-Guy

Panasonic G1 w/ Zeiss C-Sonnar T* 50mm f/1.5 @ f/1.5 and 1m

Panasonic G1 w/ Zeiss C-Sonnar T* 50mm f/1.5 @ f/1.5

Panasonic G1 w/ Zeiss C-Sonnar T* 50mm f/1.5 @ f/1.5
Same size sensor :p

seakayaker

Seafair week in Seattle and the Blue Angles perform two shows on the weekend. They practice on Thursday and Friday so opportunities to shoot some photos from the office window.

U. S. Navy ~ Blue Angels
Formation Banking Over Flag Pole @ Swedish Hospital

Voigtlander APO-Lanthar 90mm f3.5 MC -- ISO 100 -- f8 -- 1/400

. . . . .

Passing Office Building

Voigtlander APO-Lanthar 90mm f3.5 MC -- ISO 100 -- f8 -- 1/400

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

biglouis

Dan - those are some pretty cool shot - especially #2

srw (Shawn?) - I really like #3 - such a peaceful landscape

M5-Guy - very nice exposition of selective focus

LouisB

slau

I have put together a slideshow of my recent Cuba trip. It is a short version so that the whole slideshow is short enough for uploading/downloading.

I was in Cuba for one week vacation with my GH1 + 14-140 + Contax G 45/2. It was the firs time I traveled with such a small package and still came home with good usable images. The camera did very nice video too.

All the pictures were edited in Lightroom 3 and then exported as a 1080P video slideshow. I consider the slideshow is one of the most important features for me to upgrade to Lightroom 3. Yes, there is a small loss of image quality but it is well worth for me for the convenience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3w0ZKgPyoc

Watch the slideshow in HD to get better quality. Thanks.

Last edited:

kevinparis

hmmm

OK so this is the short version... i got bored after 3 minutes...

there was no sense of story.. and the flow of the images did not match the rhythm of the music

just my opinion - i know doing this stuff isn't easy - its close to movie making

cheers

K

Jonas

(...)
All the pictures were edited in Lightroom 3 and then exported as a 1080P video slideshow. I consider the slideshow is one of the most important features for me to upgrade to Lightroom 3. Yes, there is a small loss of image quality but it is well worth for me for the convenience.
I took the whole 9 minute trip, but with no sound turned on (at work...). I didn't get exactly bored as I all the time wondered about the next image. But, I'm not sure a slide show is the best way. I like to be able to decide for myself for how long I want to look at an image.

I think I saw a story (getting there, the hotel, travel/looking around incl evening beach walks, the hotel and the end). There were a couple of images I liked more and would have liked to see again, alas, they were impossible to find by clicking by chance. It is of course always hard to put together a slide show for anyone to like also if the most obvious family memories are taken out.

To summarize, I think there were too many images and I would have liked to have some way to navigate myself.

regards,

/Jonas

kevinparis

This morning I had another flick through the whole 9 mins - and I agree with Jonas that there are just too many images - there are some great images, but there is a lot of repetition.

I would try doing a 3 minute version as an exercise in editing down your picture - be ruthless - you will feel better for it :)

Kevin

P

PeterLeyssens

Hi,

I just got my E-P1 + 17mm kit two days ago and I've already fallen in love. Despite all the comments about its so-called quirky interface, it gives me the impression that it's a real user's camera: buttons can be reprogrammed to do what I want, the OK/Info quick menu is brilliantly simple yet very powerful, ... I've put the FN button to LCD off (when I use the VF-1) and reprogrammed the AF button to the light meter, set the colour mode to monochrome, contrast+1 and the aspect ratio to 6:6. I'm up and running :)

BTW, I didn't think the upgrade to FW 1.4 made a lot of difference with this lens.

Here's a first example of my NAP (Nearly a PAD (Photo a day)). You got to love that 17mm bokeh.

Peter.

scho

Obviously, they don't know what a garlic festival is in NY! Those of us that live near Gilroy, CA can show you a garlic festival :ROTFL:.

I have not shot it for years, but I may have to mozy over there next July to shoot it again -- more info for any curious: http://www.gilroygarlicfestival.com/index.html

I like your series regardless BTW!
Thanks Jack and I agree - can't compare to Gilroy. This was NASCAR racing weekend in Watkins Glen so one of the local wineries put together the festival to draw a crowd. That part they managed quite well, but otherwise not very exciting.

J

JayCee

Am I the only one on here who doesn't like IR?...it just appears so unnatural to me.