The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

seakayaker

Eyes

( It was his job to take the rings to the ceremony and he did it, proud )

Just love your wedding photographs!

As others have mentioned this is a wonderful photograph! The bride & groom must be pleased with the quality of the photographs that you provided them.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

P

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

Hi everyone. I'm a long-time lurker, 1st time poster, so go easy on me. :)

This past week I've been taking photos for my neighborhood online newsletter of local families and the chickens they raise. It's legal to have chickens here in Portland, Oregon. It's been a fun assignment.

Note: I mostly do video production, not stills, so I shoot everything 16:9. This aspect ratio has its advantages & disadvantages for stills, but I also just like the way it looks.

C&C welcome.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/images/attach/jpg.gif

This photo was taken hand-held with my GH1 and Lumix 20mm lens. f1.7 @ 1/30, ISO 250, RAW. To get this shot I lowered my GH1 down through a small access panel into the chicken coup (there's no normal door or window on this side of the coup), and looked straight down onto the GH1's LCD which was flipped-out & rotated so it pointed straight up. Gotta love that GH1 articulated LCD! :)

- Peter

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

Hello Peter, and welcome! that's a nice shot... chickens can move quite quickly! we're chicken sitting at the moment for a neighbour (it's legal here too :))

E-P2 + mZD 14-150mm f4-5.6
1/400s f/5.6 at 150.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

M5-Guy

Welcome Peter (Great Name btw :ROTFL:)

Great image... it's funny you say it's legal to have chickens in Portland. This week a kid was charged with raising chickens against local ordinances.. But, his lived in an un-incorporated area outside the city limits...The city had to back down because of the local media and locals protested Soooo Much.... :thumbs::thumbs:

Enjoy the experience....

P

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

I neglected to say in my 1st post that there are so many wonderful photos posted here by others. Thanks very much for sharing, and thanks for your comments about my photos.

Here's another in the series of "chicken" photos. Many (probably most?) of the families in Portland who keep chickens also have children. So I've also gotten some nice shots of kids with their feathered friends.

This photo: GH1, Lumix 14-140mm kit zoom lens at 40mm, f5.3, 1/100th, ISO 100. I generally use the GH1's Film Mode set to "Smooth" (-1, 0, -1, 0), preset daylight WB, Intelligent Exposure 1 or off, and alternate between manual & auto focus depending on the situation.

OT: I have Vitaliy Kiselev's PTool3 firmware modification utility (AKA the "GH1 firmware hack") installed on my GH1. AFAIK it doesn't affect stills, but it hugely improves the GH1's (and GF1's) video capabilities. More info here:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=206788
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=218001

Again, thanks to all for sharing their fantastic photographs.

- Peter

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/images/attach/jpg.gif

Leica 77

Fantastic architectural composition Leica77. Good to see the good old E-300 performing so well again. :) Sold mine a long time ago :cry:

Michiel
Hi Michiel,
Many thanks for your kind comments. My good old "vintage?" E-300 is still alive and well. It has a split-image focusing screen installed by KatzEye Optics. Though I have posted images taken with the kit lens, my favorite combo is E-300 + Leica R Elmarit 28mm. Here is a color version of a sample image (Nikon SP) posted in another thread that you have seen. Best, Leica 77. :)

Leica 77

Nice subject and title, Leica. Works very well in black and white. Would have been a bit confusing in color.

Keith
Hi Keith,
Many thanks for your kind comments. Your observation is absolutely correct. The image in black and white reduced the confusion caused by many colors present in the original file. Though unintended, the black and white version resulted in accentuating the interesting shape of chairs. Best, Leica 77. :)

Leica 77

Great work Leica!
Love the Hong Kong Skyscraper and the Geometric Patterns photographs!
, , , , , keep 'em coming . . . . .

Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
Many thanks for your positive reflections. I have been enjoying your excellent posts. Your images are of highest quality! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Best, Leica 77. :)

kweide

Dan and all others: Thanx a lot for your friendly comments. It is balm for my oppressed soul...

Selling sold history

J

JayCee

Doing a few service calls on the west coast of Scotland yesterday and decided to take my E-P1 and 17mm with me.
This was taken on the way back from Campbeltown on the A83 heading towards Tarbert.
The seascapes are views from my customers driveway.

Last edited:

Leica 77

+1000
Leica, have you taken pictures with that camera - I have not seen any in the threads
Keith
Hi Keith and Carl,
Many thanks for your kind comments. The Nikon SP works flawlessly. The winding lever is smooth and the shutter is incredibly quiet. You are right, Keith, that I have not posted any images taken with it in any of the thread. One of these days, I will find an opportunity to do so. Thanks again! Best, Leica 77. :)