The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Tesselator

Holy moly Tessie.....you must have arms of steel.

Those images are outstanding.

R
Yes, behold my arms of steel and I:

1960 Linhof Arms Of Steel! (extremely light weight too!)

Seriously though, no one in their right mind shoots at 400mm (equiv) or longer hand-held and expects anything but the occasional luck-shot - OIC or not! That's a 200mm lens for us M4/3 folk. ;) I was shooting 500mm (1,000mm equiv.) so stabilization is actually impossible without a tripod - no matter the camera system. :)

Thanks for the comment too! Very appreciated!

Rich M

Seriously though, no one in their right mind shoots at 400mm (equiv) or longer hand-held and expects anything but the occasional luck-shot - OIC or not! That's a 200mm lens for us M4/3 folk. ;) I was shooting 500mm (1,000mm equiv.) so stabilization is actually impossible without a tripod - no matter the camera system. :)
Hehehehe.......love it!

Happy New Year......you'll celebrate before I will. KAMPAI!!

R

Leica 77

1960 Linhof Arms Of Steel! (extremely light weight too!)
Thanks for the comment too! Very appreciated!
Hi Tesselator,
It's a terrific tripod. Happy New Year to You! :)

Leica 77

After a few, late hours with the absolutely lovely Panasonic 7-14mm, I see that inside this lens, there are zillions of lovely photos that I didn't know existed. Looking forward to an exciting journey :)

GH1 with Panasonic 7-14 @ 7mm, f/4, 1/8s and ISO800

Hi Jorgen,
Welcome to the Seven - Fourteen Club! We expect to see more of your great images from Thailand and elsewhere. Happy New Year to you! :)

seakayaker

. . . . . the hour is at hand now in Seattle, good by 2010, hello 2011!

As we bring in the new year I hope we all have one when we need it and willing to give one when we believe someone can use it . . . . .

A Helping Hand

GF1 with Leica D Summilux 25mm f/1.4 -- ISO 200 -- f/1.4 -- 1/800

K

klythawk

Happy new year to everyone. :thumbs:

"Dancing" tree in Woodthorpe Park.

G1/14-45mm
John.

f6cvalkyrie

John, very moody "dancing tree" !
Dan, lovely "helping hand", that's probably what we are all going to need in 2011
Leica77, excellent HD !
Jorgen, I see you are enjoying your 7-14 already
and last but not least, Godfrey, beautiful "bench" ! I love the compo and the colour !

Here's two from yesterday's walk in Brussels :

(7-14mm on G1)

(14-45mm on G1)

Have a nice day,
Rafael

Leica 77

. . . . hello 2011!
As we bring in the new year I hope we all have one when we need it and willing to give one when we believe someone can use it . . . . .
A Helping Hand
Hi Dan,
Happy New Year to you and all your loved ones! Yes, let us help those who need our assistance whenever and wherever they need us, if at all possible! :)