The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

kweide

... so what ?
Got the car repaired, it was the fuel injection and the cylinder head gasket. Motor is running fine now. What about the dish washer, darling ?

Olympus E5 + Sigma 30 mm f1.4, no NR
ISO400 @ f1.4, 1/50 second, 30 mm focal length​

kweide

... smudgy...
Well darling, i serviced the dish washer as you said and the mixer and the toaster as well. All fine ! Can we now go to GUCCI ??

Olympus E-5 + Sigma 30mm f1.4, no NR
ISO400 @ f1.4, Sigma 30 mm, 1/60 second, 30 mm focal length​

kweide

"ehmmmmm Darling, Gucci has closed business.... sorry but i can´t help it !"
And i hear :"What are you trying to tell me, you liar !?"
( don´t tell her lies ! )

Olympus E-5 + Sigma 30mm f1.4, no NR
ISO400 @ f1.4, Sigma 30 mm, 1/50 second, 30 mm focal length​

Tesselator

Ahhh Scary! It reminds me of a caricature from Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

Here's me being impressed (easily so?) with another Canon wide. This time the FD 20mm F/2.8. All at f/2.8 (just some silly test images on the way to the one dollar shop.) and the first time for me to use this lens:

Here's a 100% crop with only the ACR default sharpening (almost nothing) applied:

That's an ice storm rolling in BTW and it must really be cold because now 8hrs later, my computer's ambient temperature is 9c with a space heater going and turned up high, in the room. I'm also wearing two jackets and have a heavy wool blanket wrapped around my legs. Brrrr....

kweide

You are really sure
that Gucci is closed ? No Gucci anymore ???

Okay, no problem
I know where your Porsche is parking ...( cold revenge )

Both:
Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 50mm f2, no NR
ISO400 @ f2, 1/50 second, 50mm focal length

( thanx to my model Chris... )

marlof

Here comes the flood

Melting snow and rainfall made a small river grow large. There's usually no water in these fields. The small stream lies on the other side of the road on the horizon in the bottom picture.

exif | large

exif | large

Michiel Schierbeek

You are really sure
that Gucci is closed ? No Gucci anymore ???

Okay, no problem
I know where your Porsche is parking ...( cold revenge )

Both:
Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 50mm f2, no NR
ISO400 @ f2, 1/50 second, 50mm focal length

( thanx to my model Chris... )
Oké Klaus, it is about time you meet her demands! Draw your wallet!

Michiel

Leica 77

Here's me being impressed (easily so?) with another Canon wide. This time the FD 20mm F/2.8. All at f/2.8 (just some silly test images on the way to the one dollar shop.) and the first time for me to use this lens:

That's an ice storm rolling in BTW and it must really be cold because now 8hrs later, my computer's ambient temperature is 9c with a space heater going and turned up high, in the room. I'm also wearing two jackets and have a heavy wool blanket wrapped around my legs. Brrrr....
Hi Tesselator,
Your Canon FD 20mmm F/2.8 appears to be another great performer like the Canon 24mm F/2.0. I have not been to Nagoya since 2005 when Aichi Prefecture hosted a world Expo back then. During my brief visit to Nagoya, I visited some great camera stores around Sakae-cho. It was a lot of fun seeing many new and used lenses at these "candy" stores. :)

Godfrey

Communicating #5

Olympus E-5 + ZD 11-22mm f/2.8-3.5
ISO 200 @ f/5 @ 1/10 second, 22mm

thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Fantastic photo, Godfrey. Love it!

Here's one from yesterday:

GH1 with Pana 7-14mm @ 14mm and f/8

Very happy to be back to the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Tesselator

Hi Tesselator,
Your Canon FD 20mmm F/2.8 appears to be another great performer like the Canon 24mm F/2.0. I have not been to Nagoya since 2005 when Aichi Prefecture hosted a world Expo back then. During my brief visit to Nagoya, I visited some great camera stores around Sakae-cho. It was a lot of fun seeing many new and used lenses at these "candy" stores. :)
Yeah, The shops here are nice! A constant turnover of used lenses! :)

And many little shops in the most unexpected locations! A few months ago for example, I found that the one-hour photomat in my local grocery store has a cabinet full of used lenses. I've cherry picked it thrice and it just keeps replenishing itself. My kinda majic! :p

Here's a few shots all taken between 10pm and 1am - hand-held. It was my last fling with my x-current copy of the FD 85/1.2L just before I shipped it off to live with it's new owner. All at F/1.2 twenty four hours after that ice storm rolled in...

I think some of these may suck but I'm too tired to distinguish which ones they are. I'll prolly wake up tomorrow and say: OMG, I posted that?!?! Hehee :)

How often do you come to Japan, or do you live here?

Last edited: