The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

DHart

Thank you, Jorgen... striving for that weathered, nostalgic look. (Except for the one with the field). I think I like the color tones in the second one the best.

DHart

Leica 77.... thank you. I'm glad you appreciate the image. There are so many amazing images posted by so many of you here, it's truly inspiring to be among you and see your work. Seeing all the wonderful places and things many of you are visiting and doing just amazes me. Reminds me of how little I get out lately. HAHA! ;)

Leica 77

"Glass Elevator, Hong Kong". E-300 + Kit Lens. The E-300 is one of the first digital cameras I purchased and it still travels with me now and then as a gracious companion. :)

turbines

Female House Finch

G1 + Vivitar (Komine)135mm 2.8, ISO 500, f2.8 @ ~1/640 sec, hand held. I got really bored and made shot through bedroom window while recuperating from recent knee replacement surgery. This image is cropped from the original raw file and PP in ACR 6.3. It was shot on a dark overcast day. This cheap lens seems to be pretty sharp and I'm anxious to give it further trials.
Comments are always appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

DHart

Paul... that's a beautiful, sharp image (cute little bird too)... especially considering the shooting circumstances, hand held, long lens, through a window, etc.

Tesselator

Hi Tesselator,
Both of these images are truly stunning! Best, :)
Thanks!

Tess
quality stuff, these are so sharp, awesome

Phil
Thanks!

Female House Finch

G1 + Vivitar (Komine)135mm 2.8, ISO 500, f2.8 @ ~1/640 sec, hand held. I got really bored and made shot through bedroom window while recuperating from recent knee replacement surgery. This image is cropped from the original raw file and PP in ACR 6.3. It was shot on a dark overcast day. This cheap lens seems to be pretty sharp and I'm anxious to give it further trials.
Comments are always appreciated
That lens shows good potential indeed! I wanna see more as you take them! I dunno if everyone already knows this or not but if you can bring out the aperture blades in just a tiny bit it usually helps a lot in shoring up most of the WO softness. So when you're looking through the lens off camera - juuuuust so that the blades make an appearance I suppose with a f/2.8 lens that would be f/2.9 or f/2.95 or something. :D

There are some real winners with the Vivitar name on... Especially the Series-1 ones. (Cosina and Tamron SP too...)

+2 :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: The Tesselator posts some amazing images.
Wow, thanks all!

kweide

What we always learned while photgraphing is: Not the cam, not the lens it is the photographer who makes the picture.

So take the honor. Those picture a wow, uff, schluck, great ! clap hands....

Regards
Klaus

DHart

I dunno if everyone already knows this or not but if you can bring out the aperture blades in just a tiny bit it usually helps a lot in shoring up most of the WO softness. So when you're looking through the lens off camera - juuuuust so that the blades make an appearance I suppose with a f/2.8 lens that would be f/2.9 or f/2.95 or something. :D
Yes! So true, Tesselator. It's amazing how much sharpness and contrast improves with just stopping down slightly from wide open, especially with fast legacy lenses.

turbines

Thanks!

Thanks!

That lens shows good potential indeed! I wanna see more as you take them! I dunno if everyone already knows this or not but if you can bring out the aperture blades in just a tiny bit it usually helps a lot in shoring up most of the WO softness. So when you're looking through the lens off camera - juuuuust so that the blades make an appearance I suppose with a f/2.8 lens that would be f/2.9 or f/2.95 or something. :D

There are some real winners with the Vivitar name on... Especially the Series-1 ones. (Cosina and Tamron SP too...)

Wow, thanks all!
Thanks Tesselator. Your advice is always appreciated. Another attribute I found with this lens is its' ease of focusing. I have both of the Tokina and Komine Series 1 70-210 versions. Both produce very high quality images. I have found that I prefer the Tokina version because it's a bit more compact and lighter.

DHart

GH2 w/ Voigtlander 35mm f/1.2 Nokton Aspherical @ f/1.2, ISO 320

Moved the partay inside... GH2 w/ Voigtlander 35mm f/1.2 Nokton Aspherical @ f/1.2

I love this lens! Wonderful damped focusing mechanism.

turbines

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/zmonki/Portraits/P1000666.jpg

Moved the partay inside... GH2 w/ Voigtlander 35mm f/1.2 Nokton Aspherical @ f/1.2

I love this lens! Wonderful damped focusing mechanism.

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/zmonki/Portraits/P1000399.jpg
Wonderful portraits and a lovely model. That Nokton is a very special lens indeed.