The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Luxury

Olympus E-5 + Sigma 150 f2.8, noNR
ISO400 @ f4, 1/20 second, 150 mm focal length

This is to show that the Sigma 150 Makro lens works beautifully with Olympus E-5. It is not fast ( natural for a Makrolens ) but sharp, sharp, sharp and spot on.
Beautiful image Klaus - great execution

Keith

Jerry_R

Hello, I have entered u43 since GH1 appeared (migrated from 5D II).
I will show some of my u43 photographs with different lenses, but let me start with first moments taken with GH1 + 14-140mm.

Godfrey

Communicating #29

Olympus E-5 + Summilux-D 25mm f/1.4 ASPH
ISO 400 @ f/2 @ 1/80 second

I put this in the "Square Format" thread, but what the heck: it belongs here too.
Thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.

P

Pierre

Great shots, am learning about composition from all of you. Here is my addition of the Venus de Milo at the Louvre, I like the shadow. I could have stayed there the entire trip just learning about the shadows. The second is of the organ loft in the Mainz cathedral, which is undergoing renovations, but I loved the light streaming into the loft
Pierre

Jerry_R

Don -thanks :)

As I have cleared, developed, classified all my u43 photographs - am continuing showing some of them.
Chronologically, July 2009, GH1 + 14-140mm.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I think, if I was allowed to keep only one lens for the rest of my life, it would have to be the OM Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 Macro. I simply don't know of any lens at any price that I have enjoyed as much, and still do. I think I need the 90mm too :p

GH1 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 @ f/4.0 (probably)

DHart

I posted a few of these in the 14-45 thread also, but many folks may not visit there, so I'm including them along with others here....

Spring comes really late in the Pacific Northwest. No leaves on the trees around here yet (well, not counting the evergreens!), but during a motorcycle ride today I found some early signs of the earth coming back to life again...

Traveled light with just the GF1 and 14-45. This camera/lens was the start to my m4/3 kit. In spite of adding a GH2 and a bunch of new native and legacy glass, this is still a great image making combo. RAW captures, quick processing in Lightroom.

P

Pierre

Here is an angry goose I caught chasing off a rival male with my 100-300 on a walk by the river.

f6cvalkyrie

I posted a few of these in the 14-45 thread also, but many folks may not visit there, so I'm including them along with others here....

Spring comes really late in the Pacific Northwest. No leaves on the trees around here yet (well, not counting the evergreens!), but during a motorcycle ride today I found some early signs of the earth coming back to life again...

Traveled light with just the GF1 and 14-45. This camera/lens was the start to my m4/3 kit. In spite of adding a GH2 and a bunch of new native and legacy glass, this is still a great image making combo. RAW captures, quick processing in Lightroom.
Very nice series, Don ! I can see that you had a great day with the camera and the bike :D

C U,
Rafael

DHart

Thanks for the comments guys... Yes, it was a fun day and I enjoyed using the GF1 and 14-45 again since spending more time with the GH2.

Ron... I think your images here would be great candidates for rich and bold B&W conversion. I especially like the first of the three.

Last edited:

DHart

Ron... I think I'm with Michiel on preferring the color now that I see B&W. Although, I think a grittier B&W conversion might be pretty cool. I've quickly become a big fan of Silver Efex Pro 2 and the edgy conversions it can make.The "structure" control is fantastic. They have a free trial version if you want to try it. It is a superb B&W creation tool.