The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Winkel

E-PL1 with Panasonic 20mm @ f1.7, ISO 200, 1/250 sec

and

E-PL1 with Zeiss 60mm Makro @ f11, ISO 500, 1/100 sec, 1:1

kweide

What tourists do ...

Olympus E-P1 + Lumix 20 mm f1.7, noNR
ISO200 @ f1.7, 1/800 second, 20 mm focal length​

kweide

The tourist and her supporter

Olympus E-P1 + Lumix 20 mm f1.7, no NR
ISO200 @ f1.7, 1/2500 second, 20 mm focal length​

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nice tourist photos, Klaus. There's a clarity and detail that is rather appealing.

Jerry, the last photo, the one of the railway track is cool. What f-stop did you use to get that much DOF?

Jerry_R

Jerry, the last photo, the one of the railway track is cool. What f-stop did you use to get that much DOF?
Hi, it was 14mm @ f/5.0.
When I look at full size in LR - first plan is slightly out of focus. Mid and back are sharp.
Today I would use f/8 :)

PS: you can do a trick - right click on my picture, select "Copy image URL" (at least in Chrome browser).
Then paste it in new tab. Find part of name "s800" and replace it with just "s0").

You will see larger resolution, mostly I embed my "web" photos in Full HD frame.

bbodine9

Night time photo E-1 vs E-5 opinions needed

Looking to upgrade my system but would like opinions on how the E-5 would have handled this photo from last night vs my E-1. Thanks in advance for comments!

Tesselator

Here's a rather weird one: The Rodagon 105mm f/5.6 lens on a bellows for focusing. :) With the bellows fully contracted it's just a tad past infinity and with it extended fully (20cm) it looks a little higher power than 1:1 but pretty close - like maybe 1.2x or something. It has a switch that allows one to adjust the aperture stoplessly or with tactile stops. I discovered that I actually like focusing on moving objects with a rack&pinion knob. It's fun! Anyway, here are the images:

100% crop of a bubble floating across a lake in the wind at f/5.6

f/5.6 60% crop

Some folks enjoying the cherry blossoms at f/11

Cherry blossom at about F/6.5

Cherry blossom a little closer up also at about F/6.5

The Sun thru a steeple thingy at f/32 (hmmm, no sun-streaks...)

F/8.0 (about)

Tesselator

Nice images.

How is the Zuiko set up? Do you need a bellows?
Hi Woody,

From what I gather by reading it was intended to be used on either their auto-tube (slide adjustable I think) or their auto bellows. I however just mounted it directly onto the OM-->M43 adapter. There's something like a focus ring - but it only adjusts the focus point 2mm or so. This actually makes sense as this lens is suppose to (according to the literature and MTF charts) shine it's brightest up around 5X or 6X - which is great news as most macro lenses bellowed out for that mag. fall apart (resolution wise) at around 3X or 4X.

I don't have an OM bellows but I have bellows for Nikon and M42 - and it's raining outside today - so I may rig something up and give it a go to see just how good it is. If I do I'll post it up.