The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Diane B

Early bird

Olympus E-P1 + Lumix 20 mm f1.7, no NR
ISO3200 @ f1.7, 1/30 second, 20 mm focal length​
This caught my attention. I love images of windows with that partial promise of another world outside. Love the movement and the light of this one.

Diane

Diane B

Here's another post to my blog. GH2 + 14mm pancake.

Really like this one Woody and also the mono window wall of the building. Just so different but both wonderful. I haven't really considered the 14/2.5 until now because I have the original Panny 14-45 and thought i was happy enough with 14/3.5.

Diane

Peter Klein

A few from a recent trip:

Quintessential New England (Norwich, VT):

Unlikely neighbors (as found in a friend's bookcase):

High School Reunion:

On this night, we recline (Passover Seder, Austin, TX):

Concentration:

G1 and 20/1.7 for all except the first, 14-45 kit zoom for the first.
--Peter

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Really like this one Woody and also the mono window wall of the building. Just so different but both wonderful. I haven't really considered the 14/2.5 until now because I have the original Panny 14-45 and thought i was happy enough with 14/3.5.

Diane
Diane - I love the 14mm pancake - it's amazingly compact and has very good IQ. It and the 20mm pancake are my goto lenses.

M5-Guy

It has been awhile since I posted anything, I have been given a responsibility of one of the Mods at E-P1.net, so I have been spending a lot of my time there. But, I think I can spread the joy a bit now...
I have been lurking ever now and then. I have just acquired a few more lenses to have (I hope), a fairly complete walkabout kit that will fit a National Geographic waist pack.

G1
O-14/42ED,
P-20mm,
Micro Nikkor 55mm,
Nikon 135mm f/2.8

So, I have some Macros to post for your viewing enjoyment.

55mm Micro Nikkor

55mm Micro Nikkor

55mm Micro Nikkor

55mm Micro Nikkor

--------------------------------------------------
Olympus 14-42 ED

Olympus 14-42 ED

Olympus 14-42 ED

Olympus 14-42 ED

Olympus 14-42 ED

Comments welcome

Tesselator

More of the Canon FL 58mm F/1.2 - I think I have a new favorite for my GH1... At least for awhile!

F/1.8

F/2.0

F/1.2

!-Enjoy

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Those are very, very good Tesselator :thumbs:

There are lots of versions of the FD 50-something f/1.2 lenses. Some of the 50mm are even very reasonable. Do you know which ones to look for?

Tesselator

Thanks man!

No I dunno. I usually go by what the experts say about a given lens or it's generations. In the case of the FL, FD, and nFD there doesn't seem to be too much discussion. I assume cuz they're inconvenient to mount on pro DSLR bodies. So I've just kinda been flying by the toes of my socks. I've tried 5 or so canon lenses from in the 50mm range and so far this 58/1.2 is the best wide open. I don't see much CA, there's no halo around over-bright contrasting edges, and the little sharpening it needs (from 1.2 ~ 1.8) applies without artifact. And well, you're seeing the bokeh... :) Te 58/1.2 reminds me a lot of the FD 85/1.2L which you might have some experience with (as it's popular and gets lots of attention). Almost all of the 50mm range are pretty reasonable as you say, so just start getting them all... then when you get 4 or 5 start selling off the ones that don't suit your tastes. I guess, I dunno, that's what I'm doing anyway. :) This might help: http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/fdlenses/50mm.htm and I can tell you that for wide open IQ the 58/1.2 is so far the best I've tried.

turbines

More of the Canon FL 58mm F/1.2 - I think I have a new favorite for my GH1... At least for awhile!

!-Enjoy
I have read on other forums claims that this lens is not very sharp. That certainly does seem to be the case.

Thanks for posting those great examples.

Paul

Tesselator

Yeah, sometimes "the experts" get it wrong. Mostly not - but sometimes.

Oh wait... does that mean it IS sharp... or isn't???

Last edited:

peterb

I posted this on the bokeh thread but it's probably better here. It really is a 'fun with my g1 and 20mm f1.7 pancake.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

peterb

Peter
That looks like a Lens baby shot.
Joe
Hi Joe,

It does look like it. But it isn't. I considered getting their tilt transformer and using a lens like Nikon's f2.8 20mm Nikkor but I felt it would take too long to get shots like that. It's actually a technique I've been playing with in photoshop the last few months.

Here are some others.

Enjoy.

Peter

Last edited:
L

Lucian_rider

Castries Harbour, St. Lucia
Olympus E-620 with Kit lens at 14 mm. Iso 800 F 3.5 at 1/5 second.