The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

A

Arie Intveld

A few samples from a Civil War re-enactment I went to on Saturday.

Others are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronssmith/sets/72157627434350906/

20110827 213b by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20110827 025b by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20110827 162b by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20110827 067a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr
Several notables here, Ron. I love the second image with the two kids. It almost looks like the girl's hat still has the price tag hanging from it .. maybe she's kin to Grand Ole Opry's Minnie Pearl. The third image is well observed with the upside-down belt buckle. The fella in the last image actually has the expression of someone who is war-weary. Great capture!

A

Arie Intveld

Pelao and Jerry, thanks so much!

Here are a few more from my "Pavement Ends" series, again all with the GF1 + 14/2.5:

Rich M

Wow....great images everyone.....and thanks for the kind comments.

Especially a shout out to Brian who got me into the whole m4/3's thing back then with his E-P1 and PAD (photo-a-day).
(Course, now looking back, it has cost me big $$$....hhhmmm....coulda bought that fishing trawler...sailed the Seven Seas....aarrrr.....;))

Something different.....my friend just got back from Taiwan this morning carrying a new PL25/1.4 for me. It was a little overcast, so I went to an outdoor market after work. I took the new lens with me.

I usually don't shoot people......but it seems that people are curious about using it for environmental portraits. No flash....in retrospect, I could have used a little fill. Exposure was a bit off....too early to tell for sure though......most all the shots are +2/3, wide open.

R

kweide

Forrest of wonder

Olympus E-P3 + Zuiko 40-150, noNR
ISO640 @ f4.5, 1/200 second, 150 mm focal length, DMW-MA1​

J

jrob

I just went through all 96 pages! Boy was that a LOT of work...but so worth it! All of you have posted so many AMAZING photos! You've inspired me!!

Here's a few I've snapped with my wife's GF2, stock 14-42 kit lens. None of these have had any PP (which they probably should as I took most of the planter shots in bad/harsh mid day light). I'm certainly nowhere near the skill of most of you (and it's not even really my cam...lol) but thanks for looking and thanks again for sharing yours!

(The planter was designed and built by yours truly FWIW)

ustein

Contributing Editor
1. G3
2. Micro Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 (bought it about 1974)
3. Silver Efex Pro after my own Tonality Tuning script (adds local contrast)
4. Some retouching :)

Rich M

Beaches at Mokuleia, North Shore. It is one of the few times in the year where you can get into the water and not be crushed by a giant wave.

GH2, 16:9, 12mm

R