The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jerry_R

A lot of great photos! It is a pleasure to track the thread.
One photo stays in my memory - is B&W fishing reel by Rich!

Very neat image.
Shaken but still a perfect portrait! :thumbs:
Thanks Michiel, I like it too :)

Few more from me - May 2010.

G1, 45mm f/2.8 @2.8

GH1, 7-14mm @11mm

G1, 45mm f/2.8 @2.8

GH1, 7-14mm @7mm

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Re: Meuse Tower and court of Rotterdam

I like this one a lot, but did you overdo the perspective correction a bit? In my experience, the photo looks more realistic if you keep a little bit of the original tapering, particularly with tall buildings with a square "look".

Rich M

From a business trip: GF1 / 20
From a business trip:
Pelao.......very nice imagery......I like how the texture changes as you move from shoreline to inner reef to outer reef to horizon (and then sky).

So....business trip, you say?? ;)

R

Pelao

Thank you Rich.

It really was a business trip. We were in Pasadena, then took a quick spin to the beach for a walk. One of the joys of M4/3: I was able to pack the camera and still be certain of enough quality - at least from the camera and lens. The photographer is another matter...

This one was taken at the same time:

marlof

Re: Meuse Tower and court of Rotterdam

I like this one a lot, but did you overdo the perspective correction a bit? In my experience, the photo looks more realistic if you keep a little bit of the original tapering, particularly with tall buildings with a square "look".
The lines are straight now, but I'll try and see what a little tapering does to the image.

Rich M

Thank you Rich.

It really was a business trip. We were in Pasadena, then took a quick spin to the beach for a walk. One of the joys of M4/3: I was able to pack the camera and still be certain of enough quality - at least from the camera and lens. The photographer is another matter...

This is another great shot......you really nailed them (the photographer did.....not the camera).

R

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you Rich.

Very nice photo :thumbup:

Pssst... the horizon is tilted

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've been following a food journalist for a couple of days. Here's from a wine tasting of local Thai wines today.

GH1 with Pana 7-14 @ 9mm and f/4.0

Pelao

Very nice photo

Pssst... the horizon is tilted
Thank you, and thanks Rich. Coming from you guys that means a lot.

Um, the horizon thing. You see, we had just been for a great lunch, with some very nice seafood and wine. maybe too much wine. Hence the tilt. If I fixed it in post, then the shot would lose some authenticity.

OK. I will fix it. :eek: