The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

kweide

What´s next ?
I thought, let´s do it in color.

Olympus E-P3 + Summilux mFT25 mm, noNR
ISO200 @ f 2.0, 1/50 second, 25 mm focal length​

turbines

1936 Ford and Rumble Seat

G1, 14-45mm Kit Lens, ISO 160, 1/500 sec @ f4.5, Photomatix + Photo Wiz BW Styler

Comments & suggestions are always appreciated

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I had a very long day at assorted Bangkok restaurants last week. Here is the most spectacular, on the sixtysomething floor, outdoor, and this is in the middle of the monsoon season, so we had less that 15 minutes between showers, to set the table, get the food in place and take a couple of photos. No time for lighting, just the candle on the table, so I went for 0.8s and asked them not to move. They didn't :)

GH1 with Pana 7-14 @ 8mm, f/5.6 and 0.8s

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen,

nice photo - kind of noisy though ?
The table cloth is noisy, and the sensor of the GH1 is really stretched to the limit here. It looks more noisy than it is though. The little lighting that was there was pink and blue, which adds to the problem. The D300 might have done better, but I don't have an ultra WA for the Nikon, and the camera had to be mounted more than two meters above the floor, pointing down to get the view. More or less impossible without an articulated LCD.

les

I'm in awe of all the superb examples of the craft which have been posted above. Now for something completely different - a couple of routine shots from a car show. No claim for artistic merit, just a record of 'Chick Magnets then and now'. May bring back memories for some....

DonParrot

Talking about car pics.
Here I've also got some from a classic car event held yesterday in my hometown. Shot them with my E- P Lite 3 that I purchased just on Saturday and wanted to give the often criticised kit lens the opportunity to delive. And in consideration of the difficult and changeable light conditions I think it delivered rather well. Nothing special, no amazing PP - just a few nice cars.

Let's start with a wonderful Buick - I always loved gaz guzzlers and Buick used to be my favourite brand since I was little boy and saw my first pictures of American cars.

Buick 1 von don_parrot auf Flickr

Buick 2 von don_parrot auf Flickr

Did I mention that I love Buicks?

Noch'n Buick 1 von don_parrot auf Flickr

Noch'n Buick 2 von don_parrot auf Flickr

And what about this brillantly maintained...

XK 120 von don_parrot auf Flickr
Jag XK 120?

Of course, a classic car event isn't a classic car event without a Cobra, ain't it?

Cobra 1 von don_parrot auf Flickr
There you go!

Then we've got the German answer to the original T-Bird, a car probably most of you non-Germans never have heard of: The DKW 1000 SP.

1000 SP 1 von don_parrot auf Flickr
It's a tiny car...

1000 SP 4 von don_parrot auf Flickr
...much shorter and smaller than the T-Bird...

1000 SP 3 von don_parrot auf Flickr
...but I think they did a great job and the proportions are absolutely right.
A gorgeous looking little coupe, isn't it?

And last but not least a one-copy car...

Autobahnkurier 3 von don_parrot auf Flickr
...the Autobahnkurier. It was designed and built somewhen in the last decade by a retired automotive engineer living in my hometown...

Autobahnkurier 1 von don_parrot auf Flickr
...and while I have to admit that it isn't exactly what I'd call a beauty...

Autobahnkurier 2 von don_parrot auf Flickr
...it's a true eye-catcher. Hey, it's a monster with a length of estimated more than six metres.

simonclivehughes

Last edited:

turbines

@ Don; Great car show series. I love that Buick: a 54 I am thinking.

@ Simon; lovely details and the colors really pop. My favorite is the knucklehead.

Keep them coming!

Paul

DonParrot

Nice set, Don. We had a car show locally here in Langley, BC, on Saturday.

Here's a few with the G1 and 100-300mm lens. (Click for larger images.)
thanks, Simon - and really lovely details indeed.
Probably the better approach with all the people around the cars. But then,
I just love the shapes of old cars and in addition, I wanted to start getting to grips with my new E-P Lite 3.

But your shots certainly have inspired me and I also will have a try at details, somewhen in the near future.

kweide

@Don
I see Braunschweig, Hannover, Peine. where did it take place ??
Hätte ich davon gewusst, wäre ich dabei gewesen und Du hättest die EP3 mit 12mm f2 und mFT Summilux testen können.

Regards
Klaus ( from near Hamburg )

DonParrot

@Don
I see Braunschweig, Hannover, Peine. where did it take place ??
Hätte ich davon gewusst, wäre ich dabei gewesen und Du hättest die EP3 mit 12mm f2 und mFT Summilux testen können.

Regards
Klaus ( from near Hamburg )
Hi klaus, it was in Hildesheim, 30 kliometres south to Hannover and just a 90-minute trip from Hamburg - if the Autobahn is free, that is.

Ja schade, das wäre was gewesen. hätte ich ja gern mal ausprobiert.
Die Veranstaltung heißt Technorama und hat bereits zum sechsten Mal stattgefunden. Ist ein Zwei-Tage-Event mit Rennen auf dem Flugplatz und jeder Menge Action.
Letztes Jahr waren 500 klassische Autos und Motorräder da und 12.000 Zuschauer - doch leider gab's Theater mit Anwohnern, die sich über den Lärm beschwert haben.

Drum mussten sie dieses Jahr die Action auf der Rennstrecke stark reduzieren und alle Fahrzeuge mussten enge Lärmvorschriften befolgen. Da hast du nun mal eine erfolgreiche Veranstaltung in einer kleinen Stadt wie Hildesheim - und dann machen die wieder alles kaputt. :mad:

Anyway - wir treffen uns 2012, okay?

turbines

Thanks, Paul. We are talking about the second one, aren't we? The big wings of the blue one are late 1950s, aren't they?
Yes, the second Buick. I believe the first one is a '59. Real "Land Barges" they were. This last weekend I grabbed a few shots of the very rare '54 Buick Landau. They only made one as far as I know. I'll post a few shots of that when I get home this evening.

Last edited:

kweide

Hi klaus, it was in Hildesheim, 30 kliometres south to Hannover and just a 90-minute trip from Hamburg - if the Autobahn is free, that is.

Ja schade, das wäre was gewesen. hätte ich ja gern mal ausprobiert.
Die Veranstaltung heißt Technorama und hat bereits zum sechsten Mal stattgefunden. Ist ein Zwei-Tage-Event mit Rennen auf dem Flugplatz und jeder Menge Action.
Letztes Jahr waren 500 klassische Autos und Motorräder da und 12.000 Zuschauer - doch leider gab's Theater mit Anwohnern, die sich über den Lärm beschwert haben.

Drum mussten sie dieses Jahr die Action auf der Rennstrecke stark reduzieren und alle Fahrzeuge mussten enge Lärmvorschriften befolgen. Da hast du nun mal eine erfolgreiche Veranstaltung in einer kleinen Stadt wie Hildesheim - und dann machen die wieder alles kaputt. :mad:

Anyway - wir treffen uns 2012, okay?
Jawohl, gebucht. Just send me a reminder..... wrote it down

DonParrot

Yes, the second Buick. I believe the first one is a '59. Real "Land Barges" they were. This last weekend I grabbed a few shots of a the very rare '54 Buick Landau. They only made one as far as I know. I'll post a few shots of that when I get home this evening.
Looking forward to that. It's always great to have the chance of taking a look at cars that were built just once. Do you know the Astra Gnome Time and Space car? :D:D:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

And my favourite Buick always has been the '49 Roadmaster. What a gorgeous body!

Last edited: