The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

les

Don, That's a nice collection - I like the angles you chose for most of the shots.
I worry that if I got down that low i'd be unable to get back on my feet again without assistance....

DonParrot

Don, That's a nice collection - I like the angles you chose for most of the shots.
I worry that if I got down that low i'd be unable to get back on my feet again without assistance....
Thanks a lot, Les, great that you like the pics.

And when it comes to getting down that low...
I've got a slipped disc resulting in serious back problems and so, I know exactly what you are taliking about. And that's exactly why I opted for the E-PL3 as addition to my FT gear. It's the only µFT camera whose screen doesn't flip out sidewards but up or down, with the latter offering you the opportunity to use it like a waist-level finder camera. It's a fantastic experience and in the three days since I purchased it, I really fell for this feature. I love it to the bones and returning to the E-5 for my dog action certainly will be difficult for me - and even would be without my back problems. The little gem just has added a new level of fun and pleasure to my photography.

DonParrot

Yes Paul, you didn't promise too much. This really is one great car - and great shots, by the way.

But why did they call it Landau? I always thougt that a Landaulet is a semi convertible with the front or back seats positioned under a fixed roof.

turbines

Yes Paul, you didn't promise too much. This really is one great car - and great shots, by the way.

But why did they call it Landau? I always thougt that a Landaulet is a semi convertible with the front or back seats positioned under a fixed roof.
It was built on the Road Monster frame and the top does go down. The rear passengers were separated from the chauffeur with an electrically actuated glass partition. I chose to tone map my image because a traditional photo just doesn't do the immaculate paint job justice. You can learn more about this Buick here: http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/87534,10041/1954-Buick-Landau_photo.aspx

DonParrot

It was built on the Road Monster frame and the top does go down. The rear passengers were separated from the chauffeur with an electrically actuated glass partition. I chose to tone map my image because a traditional photo just doesn't do the immaculate paint job justice. You can learn more about this Buick here: http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/87534,10041/1954-Buick-Landau_photo.aspx
Thanks for the link, Paul. So it isn't a full convertible. Couldn't see that on your picture.
Yep, I can see what you mean with the tone mapping.

kweide

The sandybeach - Hedgehog
The world rarest amphibian creature. Short legs, scrubby fur. Such a sweet thing. Can be found along coastsides in the early morning. Beware its teeth.

Olympus E-3 + Zuiko 12-60 SWD, no NR
ISO160 @ f8, 1/125 second, 60 mm focal length​