The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Michiel Schierbeek

Very nice Michiel......very nice. What do you think of the little guy so far?
R

First thing I did in the shop was turn the focus ring, so used I am with MF lenses. But this is a real joy; a fast autofocus portrait lens.
The possible image quality is outstanding, I think.

And for a reasonable price although because of that no MF possibilitys like the Zuiko 12mm has.
Have to go out and use it more soon!

@ Glenn; wonderfull image!

Michiel

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen.....your race shots are always wonderful. I didn't realize you shot the Sigma 50/1.4. Brilliant.

R
Thanks, Rich. I recently bought the Sigma 50 in 4/3 mount, and find it to be an extremely versatile lens on m4/3. It's too large and heavy of course, and won't AF on my GH1 (it will on the GH2 though), but everything else about it is just good. Since it's a native 4/3 lens, it brings up enlarged view by itself when I focus manually, and all camera controls work like with any m4/3 lens.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thailand is experiencing the worst flooding that anybody can remember. Complete towns have been under water for weeks. Ayuttaya is not the place to go shopping at the moment.

GH1 with Pana 7-14mm @ 14mm and f/5.6

neelyfallon

Jorgen,

Glad to hear the 4/3 mount Sigma 50mm f1.4 is working out so well for you! It is an overlooked lens and too bad it went out of production in that mount. Looking forward to your shots with the Leica D Vario-Elmarit 14-50 as well.

Cheers,

Justin (aka neelyfallon)

kweide

When a guardian angel fails
it has severe consequences for both

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 12-60SWD, noNR
ISO640 @ f3.2, 1/125 second, some focal lengths​

Brian Mosley

E-P3 + mZD 45mm f1.8
1/250s f/2.0 at 45.0mm iso200

E-P3 + mZD 45mm f1.8
1/125s f/2.0 at 45.0mm iso200

E-P3 + mZD 45mm f1.8
1/320s f/1.8 at 45.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

DHart

Brian... I love your portrait of the senior woman. Fantastic feel, mood, DOF. That image is what the 45/1.8 is all about.

kds315

Great stuff guys! Amazing shots... Tess - wonderful result!!

What is this humble image then using a 1900 invented symmetrical design with just two simple thin meniscus lenses with lots of aberrations... guess the lens?

Brian Mosley

Brian... I love your portrait of the senior woman. Fantastic feel, mood, DOF. That image is what the 45/1.8 is all about.
Thanks Don, for me, these personal captures make shooting with the system worthwhile. The resolution charts and noise comparisons pale to insignificance when you have first rate lenses attached and have the subject.

I'm really loving your portrait work Don, learning so much here so please keep 'em coming.

Kind regards

Brian