The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Trying out a new-to-me PanaLeica 14-50 f/2.8-3.5 these days. A quiet day at the race track seemed to be as good a location as any. Lovely lens :thumbs:

L1 with PanaLeica 14-50 @ 27mm and f/3.3

L1 with PanaLeica 14-50 @ 50mm and f/3.5

L1 with PanaLeica 14-50 @ 50mm and f/3.5

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Last week at the race track, i met this guy with a Canon EOS Big Thing Mark XVII and a 400mm f/2.8. I still haven't figured out what he was taking photos of, but I suppose he'll develop some huge muscles :toocool:

GH1 with OM Zuiko 100mm f/2.8 @ f/11 and 1/60s

kweide

Somewhere near Lisbon
From dusk to dawn ? One never knows for sure.

Olympus E-P1, Lumix 20 mm, noNR
ISO200 @ f1.7, 1/320 second, 20 mm focal length​

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The L1 is a great camera to use. It's a bit big and bulky, and the lens even more so, but at low ISO, it delivers some lovely results.

L1 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 50mm and f/5.0

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Fun event yesterday, the Helmets for Kids Charity. People paid to be driven three laps around the track in a sports or race car and the proceedings will be used to buy crash helmets for children riding motorbikes to school. I hope it works as intended, but at least it was great fun for all involved.

Here's one of the photos where the GH1/7-14 combo really shows its strength:
I held the camera in through the side window with my right hand, looking at the LCD through the windshield. This is taken inside a Lotus Elise, and anyone who has seen one knows that it's as cramped as can be. It looks as if it will fit inside the trunk of most other sports cars :wtf:

GH1 with Pana 7-14 @ 7mm and f/7.1

kweide

The greek view
a bit surreal

Olympus E-P3 + Zuiko12mm, noNr
ISO200 @f8, 1/320 second, 12 mm focal length​

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Beautiful composition, Klaus :thumbs:

Micek, I like all the three above, particularly the last one (and that is not only because the woman is beautiful) :p

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
While people are fighting for their homes and livelihoods in northern Bangkok, against the flood that slowly advances through this huge city and its surroundings, in Pak Nam, just south of Bangkok, on both sides of the same raging Chao Praya river, the annual Pra Samuth Chedi temple fair is happening. Countless concerts, food stalls, shows, lotteries... the lots. For the river is still a few centimeters short of flooding Pak Nam and surroundings, and if you can see no flood, there is no flood.

And just when you thought you had seen it all, the food, the tens of thousands of people, the ferris wheels, the latest fashions in pink shorts with green and orange flowers and the bikers risking their lives driving inside a giant barrel, the most sensational exhibits appear before your eyes: A real mermaid, a child with two heads, three hands and three legs and other human peculiarities. If you hadn't seen it with your own eyes, you simply wouldn't believe that such things existed, and they're all yours to see for a mere 10 Baht.

GH1 with Panasonic 7-14 @ 14mm and f/4

kweide

Dark tool
protective glasses for welder

Olympus E-P3 + Zuiko 45 mm, noNR
ISO200 @ f1.8, 1/60 second, 45 mm focal length​