The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Internaut

Re: Sun Drenched Harbour, Drenched Cape Town

Probably the best of the photos I took during a short break in South Africa's mother city.

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice restraint compositions, Paul!

Here is one from an early dampy morning waiting for the boat to Herreninsel at the Herrenchiemsee to see a Castel of King Ludwig.

Michiel

Tesselator

Awesome shots guys!

Here's another with that Tamron mirror lens.

Tamron SP 500mm F/8 (55BB) - 10 second exposure.

I'm really digging this lens! If you haven't tried a mirror lens on your M4/3 camera yet I highly recommend it. They're usually between $180 and $400 depending on make, condition, and etc. Mine was $210. I think for around $200 to $250 you're not going to find a 500mm refractor that competes with the sharpness of these guys. Of course I can't speak for all mirror lenses but given that it's not a cheapy like Kenko or something it oughtta be in about the same class as this guy.

turbines

Nice one Tess! I think the Tamron will be hard to beat. I sure would like to try a Yashica ML mirror but they are difficult to find at a reasonable price.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Revisiting some photos from earlier this year. Those Zeiss people do know how to design lenses, don't they?

GH1 with Zeiss CY 85mm f/1.4

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
In Khmer Country again, Siem Reap this time. This young lady sold me a tiny brass elephant for two dollars and a portrait. I walked through all of Angkor Wat today also, starting at 05.00 hrs., and it was a great experience, but if I could live the day again and had to choose, I would go for the elephant... and the portrait :)

L1 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 50mm and f/3.5

And the PanaLeica is everything I hoped for and more. Big thanks to Justin who sold it to me.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Three days in the forests around Angkor Wat. It's impossible to describe, and photos don't really do it either. I'm going back, sooner rather than later.

First morning, after 5 minutes: a puncture. My driver to the left and the young mechanic fixing the wheel of the rolling sofa, which is attached to a normal 100cc motorbike. It works rather well, and is absolutely the way to see Angkor. Cheap too, at $15 per day.

GH1 with Sigma 50mm f/1.4 @ f/2.0

There are small concerts out in the forests, mainly performed by mine victims.

GH1 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 50mm and f/3.5

The 7-14mm came in handy very often. Space is limited on top of the temples, and balancing on the edge with 20 meters free fall beneath isn't my way of having fun.

GH1 with Panasonic 7-14 @ 7mm and f/5.6

Last edited: