The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

kweide

The human cracker
Happy New Year 2012 and a firework of new sensational pictures

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 50 mm, noNR
ISO200 @ f2, 1/125 second, 50 mm focal length​

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks for the kind comments Jorgen & Diane. I'm just getting to grips with the E-P3 outfit and quite liking the results from the new Olympus primes.

Beautiful picture. My question is, how can you get such a huge DoF at f2?
Tullio: I didn't, I just mentioned the camera and lens I used and not the exposure which was actually 1/3s at f/13 for the curious. ;)

Last edited:

Riley

that would be bad girls ;)
theres a bull camped laying down under the lower limb on the right, playing 'unconcerned'
and the alpha female is the black silhouette in the background

Collin Orthner

Just found this forum and am very impressed with the work presented!! I have just purchased a GF2 as a small walkaround that compliments my 5DmkII outfit and looking forward to what the GH3 may hold in store.

A few images of my youngest son made with the Olympus 45mm f1.8 lens from Christmas day.

Tesselator

This is a fun little toy - The Cosmicar 4.8mm F/1.8 C-Mount lens. I got it from one of those anti-theft cameras that were in use in the 80's - you know the kind that are shaped like a flat rectangular whiskey flask? Using the 2x digital zoom on the GH1 I get perfect coverage with it. It's very sharp in the center wide open at f/1.8 and I do mean ONLY the very center! The smeary blurs proceed to get worse linearly as we go out toward the edges of the frame from there. Luckily by the time it's dialed down to f/5.6 or f/6.3 all of that is gone but for only the extreme edges - and by f/8 even those are cleared up. The lens has no focus ring at all. To get it to seat perfectly on the c-mount adapter at exactly the optimal registration distance I needed to create a gasket exactly the thickness of 1 piece of notebook paper - easily done and all that practice cutting folded paper in the 1st grade really paid off here! Here's an entire set shot with this lens set at f/5.6. A few of these are two exposure tone-mapped images where the DR was too great for my little GH1. The AOV is very close to 180˚ and I had kind of a hard time keeping my shoes out of the frame on most of these - especially the ones taken in portrait orientation. All of them were shot in fine JPeg with the digital zoom set to 2x - just so I didn't have to hand crop them even though all such images can be cropped all at once with just a mouse drag and a click.

!-Enjoy

Last edited: