The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Just got back from New Orleans and a week of Mardi Gras and dining on Po Boys and Beignets... spent a lot of time in the Quarter and in various graveyards in New Orleans.
Here is one of the first I have worked on. Hope to have enough tomb shots to finally publish my book this year. Shot with the GH2 and the 14-45mm: ISO 800 f/4.5

aboudd

Jim I am heading there Thursday with the 645D and Panny GH2 in hand - any suggestions? And where are the pictures of the naked girls from Carnival?

Jim I am heading there Thursday with the 645D and Panny GH2 in hand - any suggestions? And where are the pictures of the naked girls from Carnival?
Check out St. Louis No. 1 & 2... Also the Greenwood Cemetery. Get up before dawn and wait for the light.. we were in them by 6am and if you are lucky the tombs will glow with morning light.

As for the naked girls.... I have a few but they are for a group of guys I was doing some photography for.

Two of my favorites from the Tombs...

This was shot from the window of the tomb looking inside. The iron gates were locked with a chain but the window was open.. allowing me to get this shot. If any of you visit some of the fine art photo galleries in New Orleans you will see this shot taken by more than a few photographers.

The blue is from the blue stained glass window on the side of the tomb. I like both the color and B&W but tend to think the B&W is the better of the two.

Taken with the GH2 and the 7-14mm: 1/60s ISO 200 f/5

Jerry_R

Both are eye catching, I also prefer B&W :)

August 2010
G2, 20mm f/1.7 @ 2

G2, 20mm f/1.7 @ 1.7

G2, 20mm f/1.7 @ 2

G2, 20mm f/1.7 @ 4

Here is one of many shots I took in New Orleans. This one was taken from the east bank of the Mississippi in Old Algiers. GH2 ISO 1600 F/1.4 1/50s Panasonic 25mm

Brian Mosley

Re: Two of my favorites from the Tombs...

This was shot from the window of the tomb looking inside. The iron gates were locked with a chain but the window was open.. allowing me to get this shot. If any of you visit some of the fine art photo galleries in New Orleans you will see this shot taken by more than a few photographers.

The blue is from the blue stained glass window on the side of the tomb. I like both the color and B&W but tend to think the B&W is the better of the two.

Taken with the GH2 and the 7-14mm: 1/60s ISO 200 f/5

Jim, I much prefer this one... much more distinctive and unusual. :thumbup:

Cheers

Brian

manouch shirzad

Workshop & Subscriber Member
It was really a pleasure to take part in The Death Valley Workshop with Jack and Guy and other talented photographers. I would like to thank all of them. Finally I got a chance to assembled some of my pictures.
They are all taken with Lumix G1 and 14-45 Kit lens. All pictures are stitched.
C&C is appreciated.

Dante’s view. 1x10

Sunrise.2x4

Sand Dune_01. 2x6

Sand Dune_02. 2x4

Sand fall. 1x3

Racetrack. 4x6

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Manouch.

It was nice to meet you in DV. I really like the different interpretations and scenery you captured in Dune 2 + sand fall . Very nice images and well seen and nicely captured.

Jerry_R

Manouch,
great pictures indeed!

August 2010
G1, 45mm f/2.8 @ 4

G1, 7-14mm @ 8mm

G2, 20mm f/1.7 @ 5.6

G2, 20mm f/1.7 @ 2