The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

clay stewart

Great work everyone. Those sand castle shots got my attention, Jerry, because after two and a half years deliberation, over the 9-18 vs 7-14, I finally ordered the 9-18 this morning. I guess my thinking was I don't use ultra wide that much and have gotten by, with just the 14, so far, so I figured if I had to have one, then I may as well have the smallest package, for those rare times I need something wider than 14. I hope I don't regret it and wish for the 7-14 now. :facesmack:

Anyway here's one with the 25 Leica from yesterday. I have really grown to love this lens, over the past several months and it is one of the main reasons I haven't got caught up in longing for new things, like the D800E, 5DMK3, Fuji etc.. Hopefully Panasonic can come up with a great new sensor, in the GH3, to counter all the new stuff from others, but all and all, I'm still pretty happy with the GH2.

PeterB666

Playing with my Olympus E-P3 and 14-42mm zoom for the wide shots and the Panasonic 45-200mm zoom for the close ups this weekend at the Four Winds Music Festival at Bermagui on the far south coast of New South Wales (Australia).

1 Luminous - wm by peterb666, on Flickr

3 Deborah Kayser - wm by peterb666, on Flickr

7 James Crabb and ACO2 Violinist - wm by peterb666, on Flickr

10 Miki Tsunoda - wm by peterb666, on Flickr

I have never been happy with the Panasonic 45-200mm zoom but the E-P3's much faster focus (and massively more accurate) has helped wonders. I also made use of the face/eye detection for the first time and it worked exceptionally well. These photos are just quick processing jobs on a laptop while travelling but quite pleased with the results. The Panasonic 45-200 was close to the ideal lens for the occasion.

f6cvalkyrie

Yesterday, a race for professional bicycle racers went through our village.
It was the famous "Flêche brabançonne" aka "De brabantse pijl"
Here a shot of last year's winner, and last year's UCI World Tour Ranking #1,
Philippe Gilbert, in his jersey of Belgian Champion !

C U,
Rafael

Tesselator

Zeiss C/Y Planar 50mm f1.4 - Nagoya

Zeiss ZE Distagon 21mm f2.8 - Kyoto

Last edited:

teeraash

Yeah, it's 30-40 minutes from my house. Love to have 100-300mm but my Lumix 40-150mm should do just fine.
Thanks for the info.

kweide

I am the Bride
Yes, i did another wedding :)

Olympus E-5, Zuiko 12-60SWD, noNR
ISO400 @ f4, 1/160 second, 34 mm focal length​