The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

kweide

It is OK
So who cares what she did ? She is the samurai´s wife !

Olympus E-P3 + Zuiko 45mm, noNR
ISO200 @ f1.8, 1/80 second, 45 mm focal length​

Riley

MG Roadster
Lobethal Carnival, Australian Grand Prix Re-enactment

Olympus E3, 1/100th sec, ISO 100
Konica Hexanon 57/1.2, Aperture Unknown​

kweide

After all...
She could relax and fell asleep, sweet dreams and memories in her head.
From the series "The Samurai´s wife"

Olympus E-P3 + Summilux 25, noNR
ISO200 @ f1.4, 1/60 second, 25 mm focal length​

kweide

Wake up
He is home again. Standing in front of her. Her eyes full of love for him. She, still holding her deadly tool, shy, hiding from his asking eyes.

Olympus E-P3 + M.Zuiko 45, noNR

kweide

... and the sun shines again
Gently touching her back, warm and intense, surrounding her with a golden touch.

Olympus E-P3 + Summilux 25, noNR
ISO200 @ f2, 1/80 second, 25 mm focal length​

kweide

Princess Daidiri...
She dropped in without announcement, said :"I can do it even better". Now she is my connection to the outer stars. From time to time, she appears ...

Olympus E-P3 + Zuiko 45 mm, noNR

Last edited:

Tesselator

Who caught the eclipse? I didn't have a strong enough filter but I got about half the movement while there were clouds covering it. Unfortunately when the eclipse was centered was about one minute AFTER the clouds moved off. Lame clouds! Pfffff...

Here's the few I got:

dmeckert

hey everyone :)

just got my first m43 camera this morning. i was looking for a less conspicuous camera, and a buddy of mine tipped me off on a fantastic deal on an EPL-1 + 14-42 kit. i couldn't resist.

so far...i'm kinda smitten. the handling and menus aren't nearly as clunky as you'd believe reading reviews. and the IS is AMAZING! i was photographing dinner for a review, and was able to knock ISO down to 800 and shoot at 1/30 without worrying. and even took a shot of the sign on the door outside about walk-in wait times at 1/5 and it's perfectly steady. noise at high ISO isn't bad either...it's not my d700...but that's not it's raison d'etre either. so, totally impressed. sure, the kit lens has distortion, and is slow...but that's what M->m43 adapters are for.

here's the snap with the walk-in times:

nothing special. but it shows noise under control, reasonable dynamic range, and the capabilities of the IS. and yes...it's THAT Lotus of Siam...if you're a foodie, or a huge fan of Thai food, and have heard of it.

gonna definitely be around these parts more. :D

dmeckert

obligatory cat photos. this is my best friend's roommate's cat. his name is pudgy...i typically call him chubbo. lol (i can never remember pudgy). the cats love me though. <3

all at ISO 800, processed in LR3.

Riley

Homestead​

Olympus E5: 1 sec ISO 100 200 400
Sigma 18-50/2.8, f/4.5 18mm
ISO Bracket Merged in Oloneo​