The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Tesselator

But they aren't hermaphrodite . . . so our poor tree (I don't know if it's male or female) produces nothing, as there is no lover within 20 miles.

It does, however, produce the lovely yellow leaves in the fall.
Awe... Oh well. At least you can be thankful of the lack of mess and smell. Those seeds or nuts or whatever they are smell just like a skunk if ya step on them.

Also while I hear they're good for you in some regards they completely deplete your system of B6. So if you eat too many (more than 30 or so) you can get the shakes (super jittery hands) - and even fever and vomiting in some cases.

I still eat lots of them tho! Just with a few a B-complex supplement tabs - oh, and that hot saki I mentioned!!! :)

Amin

Trying out the new Oly 17/1.8:

PC190032 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

The tree lights have some onion skin, blue fringing thing going on, but I'm not seeing anything disturbing in my shots in general. White Christmas lights kind of tough on most of my lenses, and I can't rule out a contribution from the filter.

Tesselator

There's a huge split in terms of people who like to use filters and people who don't think they're needed. One side sites safety and cleaning convenience with no optical degradation and the other side sites optical degradation with no "real" added safety or convenience.

Oddly enough neither group ever seems to affect the opinions of the other. In every case I've seen the photog has to come to his own conclusions.

In my case I'm just shallow enough to shoot naked because I think the lenses look better without filters on. :D

kweide

At night all cats are gray...

Olympus E-P3, Summilux 25, noNR
ISO800 @ f1.4, 1/20 second, 25 mm focal length​

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This makes sense, doesn't it? From the streets of Bangkok this morning.
Merry Christmas to all the exceptional friends and photographers on getdpi.com!

GH1 with Pana 14-45mm @ 20mm and f/5.0

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Just back from a concert with the legendary Thai rock band Carabao. Nice concert.

GH1 with OM Zuiko 100mm f/2.8 @ f/2.8

GH1 with OM Zuiko 100mm f/2.8 @ f/2.8

Tesselator

Those are cool Jorgen! Looks like a fun time too!

Louis, I dig the shot of the lady holding up the phone!

C/Y 85/1.4, DMC-GH2, 1/640 sec, 160 ISO, 0.0 EV, MF, AE-AP

C/Y MP 100/2.8, 1:2 Magnification, DMC-GH2, 2 sec, 160 ISO, 0.0 EV, MF, ME

C/Y 85/1.4, DMC-GH2, 1/320 sec, 160 ISO, 0.0 EV, MF, AE-AP

Last edited:

mediumcool

Sleeping dog

What looks a bit like daylight is a warm fluorescent tube. ISO2000 on a Panasonic G3 w/20mm 1/15 @ f1.8.