The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yep, still on the GH2. The IQ seems to be identical between the GH2, GH3, and GH4 so all there is different is features - I guess. And the only feature I want that the GH2 doesn't have is a fast continuous drive mode for birding. IIRC, the GH3 didn't have that either and I haven't checked out the GH4 specs yet.

I want about 12 to 15 FPS in RAW with about a 3 second buffer or more.
I seem to remember that the GH4 has a larger buffer, and the processing capacity needed for 4K also speeds things up.

I'm still keeping my GH2 as a backup and for 16:9 (the GH3/4 lack the oversized sensor), but I don't use it much, so I guess it will be sold to help financing the GH4.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Background material about this and the following photos in the "Mrauk-U" thread under the "Artful images..." forum.

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 14mm and f/4