The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

mediumcool

Hi there Ian, what exactly are we looking at here ?
I knew these trees as Book Pines while growing up in rural South Australia in the ’50s and ’60s (the branches and “leaves” are arrayed vertically, allowing you to “open the page”). The original is on MLKSHK and there has been some debate going on there.

:D

mediumcool

The new lens

Nothing amazing—it’s a 4/3 lens that requires an adapter to use with m4/3. Unfortunately it hunts FAR MORE on my Lumix G3 than does my 4/3 Olympus 14–54—perhaps three times as much to-and-froing.

Some good things: it has a metal lens mount, unlike successor lenses, and it is faster at all focal lengths by about half-a-stop. All for under $100 used, and in superb condition.

A decent fill-in until I can afford the 14x-as-much Zuiko 40–150 f2.8.

Samples will follow.

Last edited:

mediumcool

Waiting for a bus

Waiting for a bus, testing the new telephoto zoom. Decent results, but not as good as the excellent blueband 14–54 Zuiko. Image editors are the great equalisers (in this case, Capture One and Pixelmator).

Has pincushion distortion that is impossible to fix in C1—I’ll probably be using Photoshop to correct output from this lens.

Last edited:

Knorp

Imagine this funny character staring at you every single Christmas for the last 54 odd years ...

| em1 | 1:2.8/40-150 |

Last edited:

Knorp

That's too hot for comfort, I'd say.
OTOH, back in '83 I stayed for six months near Pietersburg in South Africa.
On arrival it was 42 - 44C in the shade. Still, could be worse ...:rolleyes:
Today we had a meagre 9C and a cold wind blowing, brrr ... No pictures.

Kind regards.

mediumcool

Pink/yellow

Unknown plant (South Australia)
Lumix G3/Zuiko 14–54 at 54mm/iso 200 1/800 at f3.5

Last edited:

marlof

Bart, you've done it. I've just put in an order for the 40-150 PRO with 1.4TC at my favorite Brick and Mortar shop. Your images did not help the argument my wallet made. Good stuff. I'm informed that I'll have to wait in line a bit so please keep teasing me with your images.