The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

monk

Gimme that old soft shoe. (EP5, Zuiko 50mm 2.0 macro
Those deep blue spider's eyes are amazing, Heng Sure.
But what is it with that "old soft shoe' ?

Kind regards.
Bart, I believe he's a jumping spider (salticidae), a tiny character, no bigger than a pencil eraser. He sized me up fearlessly, as if he were taking aim and promising me worlds of pain if I messed with him. While he was taking my measure he danced around and his right rear (mid?) leg, to my eye, turned that aggression into a comical posture, like a vaudeville hoofer. It's too early in the Aussie summer for a handspan-sized Huntsman to emerge. I'll present an image (from a respectful distance) to the forum when one pays a call.

Love the tulip-shooters series!

Best regards -

Knorp

National Tulip Day Amsterdam: targeting the press (part 3)

The radio girl just listening

Where's he aiming at ?

The gentleman-photog acting as selfie-stick

Godfrey

Olympus E-PL1 + Body Cap Lens 9mm f/8 Fish-eye
ISO 2500 @ f/8 @ 1/4 sec

I think this teeny Body Cap Lens 9mm f/8 Fish-Eye is going to be a LOT of fun!

enjoy
G

Knorp

You take offense at the little fact, Bart? :confused:
Just wondering where it came from, Vivek.
Is there a review or article explaining this ?

I thought the PRO lenses had this specific ZERO coating applied.
ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) Coating is applied to the lens surface to thoroughly eliminate ghosts and flares.
ZERO Coating boasts clear image quality even under challenging conditions such as a backlit settings.
TIA

Kind regards.

V

Vivek

I was looking for my snaps but could not locate them. :eek:

After 1 week I returned it since it was not worth 90€ for me. :mad:

It is a body cap lens and is a right up my alley, ie., rank amateur stuff. Hardly "pro". :)

Google 9mm body cap lenses (images) and you will see. At one of the fora run by Amin, there is a thread on it as well.

Godfrey

I dunno guys. It's a $90 9mm, super-tiny, fish-eye lens, and a body cap. Makes an E-PL1 easily pocketable. Flare? Eh.

I think Knorp is thinking of the Olympus 8mm fish eye lens ...

not the BCL 9mm:

G

Knorp

Arrgh! Sorry guys, but right now I'm only thinking 40-150 f2.8 ... :eek:
Somewhere I must have lost the plot :D

But no thanks, no body cap lenses for me.
I do like that Panaleica 15/1.7. What do you think ?

Kind regards.

Godfrey

Knorp: The BCLs are for compactness and fun. They're certainly not right for when you're looking for maximum resolution, etc, but they don't do badly for expressive photos... Snapshots, if you will.

Olympus E-PL7 + Body Cap Lens 9mm f/8 Fish-eye
ISO 1600 @ f/8 @ 1/2 sec

BTW, Vivek: I made a number of exposures this morning—jamming bright light sources into the frame to see how bad the flare is. I'm finding it hard to find any just yet. Whatever there might be just isn't a problem to me. :)

The E-PL7 body arrived yesterday. It's nice, much more sturdily built than the E-PL1 and with many nice feature updates (the sensor itself being one of the biggest...). One thing I'm not quite as keen on is that they've made it just a little bit smaller, which cramps the controls and hurts the overall ergonomics a little bit, but I'm sure I'll accommodate to it pretty quickly. The 'flip-under' selfie screen is an amusing gimmick, but at least the screen still flips up to about 80 degrees, which is what I want most of the time for waist-level shooting.

Of course, there are many more options and customizations than the E-PL1—it's much more similar to the E-M1—so I'm in the process of figuring out how to configure it to my liking.

The E-PL7 seems a nice complement to the Leica X for my lightweight gear kit, giving a bit of lens versatility without taking up much space in the bag or weighing very much. My lightweight gear kit is rapidly becoming my main camera kit ... !

G

monk

Father Kookaburra Flies to Feed Concerned (and Bottomless) Chick.Bonogin Queensland. That nifty Olympus 40-150mm on the E-M1.

Godfrey

Olympus E-PL7 + Macro-Elmarit-DG 45mm f/2.8 ASPH
ISO 200 @ f/6.3 @ 1/2000

Sometimes I happen to be in the right place at the right moment to catch a landing or take off like this.

G