The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

scho

Hi Bill
It's only you oldies that are brave enough to use the red one. Youngsters like me (56) can only really countenance black.
:)
Ahh yes, we "oldies" are indeed brave. We have also shed those conservative inhibitions that torment you young whippersnappers. No more boring black cameras for us!.:ROTFL:

A

asabet

My father called me after receiving the Panasonic 50-200 yesterday. He told me that he took the lens out and immediate made some photos inside the house with the light low and his hands "shaking like crazy" (dad has always had a shake). He couldn't believe the shots all came out sharp. He never said much about the IS in his Canon 17-55. 70-200, or 100-400, so I was a bit surprised to hear him so impressed with the results of MegaOIS.

I asked him if he liked the lens overall (image quality, feel, performance), and he said "it's the best thing I have seen in forty years". How's that for an endorsement? Next time we speak, I've got to remember to ask him what it was he liked so much 40 years ago :).

andrewteee

Dang. You guys make the G1 sound downright fun. My red copy arrives Tuesday, but I have to go to NY on Tuesday for a few days. It would have been nice to have the camera to learn and play with on those long flights and in Manhattan. My Ricoh GX200 will have to suffice ;)

fordfanjpn

Hi Bill
It's only you oldies that are brave enough to use the red one. Youngsters like me (56) can only really countenance black.
:)
Actually, there was a bit of subterfuge on my part. The day the G1 came out in Japan I showed some pictures of it to my wife. When she said I should get a red one, I took that as an order and immediately ran to the store and got one. Since it was her idea that I get the red one, she couldn't complain that I had bought yet another camera. Mission accomplished!;)

I do like the red one though. I'm anxious to see how it looks with my M glass mounted on it.

Bill

kweide

Me: " Oh sweetheart, you look so out of this world with this new red shirt, stunning."
She: " Oh darling so sweet"
Me: " But this damned cam cannot reproduce such intense colors, all so pale..."
She: " No prob sweetheart go and take a new cam which can !"

Yes, i am familiar with that !

Terry

One of my favorite San Francisco treats is the Saturday morning farmers market at the Ferry Building. Yesterday was the first time I got there. For those not familar with or from this area of California, there is a tremendous amount of farming close by. Just one from yesterday as the angle of the light and shadows made it hard to shoot....I liked the farm name....

View attachment 9965

V

Vivek

May not be a "fun" picture but is a reminder to all of us.

G1 with a 25mm lens @f/5.6

scho

Nicely composed shot Terry. Farmers markets are a great place to shop, socialize, and of course take photos.

jonoslack

Hi Klaus
I like the vegetables . . . I'm not usually popular if I post ageing vegetables (the boss gets stroppy!).

It was very dark here today . . . so that for the most, ISO 400 with the 50mm macro at f2 yielded a shutter speed of about 1/80th. But the dog needed walking anyway.

here are some black and whites with the G1 and the Olympus 50mm macro
all at 400 ISO, mangled, and without noise reduction

kweide

Jonathan, the dog portrait is WOW.
Like it. It seems that the G1 turns out to be a really great cam. I tested one in the mall, but i am not a friend of EVF....

scho

Fairly mild here today so we talk a a short hike up to the "ol swmmin hole". Just our luck the life guard was off duty so we couldn't take a dip!:ROTFL:
G1 and 14-45 kit lens. Second is 5 shot stitch.

Larger Image

scho

Hi Klaus
I like the vegetables . . . I'm not usually popular if I post ageing vegetables (the boss gets stroppy!).

It was very dark here today . . . so that for the most, ISO 400 with the 50mm macro at f2 yielded a shutter speed of about 1/80th. But the dog needed walking anyway.

here are some black and whites with the G1 and the Olympus 50mm macro
all at 400 ISO, mangled, and without noise reduction
Jono, Nice work with the 50 macro and beautiful dog portrait.
Regards,
Carl

scho

The way vegetables go.. :D
Klaus, Lovely still life of the vegetables. Don't try to judge the EVF in a mall if it has fluorescent lighting. I didn't think I'd ike the EVF either but now after using it for awhile I really like it.

Regards,
Carl

scho

May not be a "fun" picture but is a reminder to all of us.
Vivek, Yes indeed, a good reminder. My wife was out bell ringing for the SA last week. Which 25 were you using for that shot?

Regards,
Carl