The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

jonoslack

Jonathan, the dog portrait is WOW.
Like it. It seems that the G1 turns out to be a really great cam. I tested one in the mall, but i am not a friend of EVF....
Ah! now we can really agree about something! I don't like them either . . . . but hear what Carl says, this one is excellent in good light (well, everything except Mall lighting). . .and the viewfinder is much much MUCH bigger and easier to manual focus that the E520 / E420. I don't like it in low light for people, but other than that it does work well.

jonoslack

Jono, Nice work with the 50 macro and beautiful dog portrait.
Regards,
Carl
Hi Carl
Thank you - would you like the dog? He WILL roll in dreadful things!

Your Swimming pond shots are great - I had to break the ice in our's yesterday before going in for a dip brrrrrrrrr.

Diane B

Jonathan, the dog portrait is WOW.
Like it. It seems that the G1 turns out to be a really great cam. I tested one in the mall, but i am not a friend of EVF....
I was going to say the same. He's always in the water, isn't he?? That lens was just right for his portrait.

Diane

scho

Hi Carl
Thank you - would you like the dog? He WILL roll in dreadful things!

Your Swimming pond shots are great - I had to break the ice in our's yesterday before going in for a dip brrrrrrrrr.
Thanks Jono, but I'll pass on the offer of the dog. My son has one that also rolls in nasty things and then comes in and transfers the "roll ons" to our carpet. Makes my wife go :bugeyes:!

jonoslack

HI Carl
Thanks Jono, but I'll pass on the offer of the dog. My son has one that also rolls in nasty things and then comes in and transfers the "roll ons" to our carpet. Makes my wife go :bugeyes:!
it's a pity there isn't an emoticon for ape****! :ROTFL:

I was going to say the same. He's always in the water, isn't he?? That lens was just right for his portrait.

Diane
Hi Diane - now you understand why he is always wet - there is a big pond a few minutes from home, and if he's rolled in anything then sticks get thrown in until he's clean.

Terry

Hi Carl. Your mild is my brrrrrr.
It's sort of rainy here today so I spent time at the camera shop putting various Oly lenses on my G1.

Anyone looking for the 45-200 they do have one more in stock.

antara

Not meant to be a great shot. Just a test with the Hoya R72.
IR with the G1 at !SO 800, no NR pp applied,
.4 second, handheld,
Custom WB on green.
Edited in PS.

jonoslack

Is that a dog . . . or a polar bear:)
Whatever, it's amazingly compliant, my dog would be trying to eat the camera if I did that . . . did you anesthetize her/him first?

greypilgrim

Not meant to be a great shot. Just a test with the Hoya R72.
IR with the G1 at !SO 800, no NR pp applied,
.4 second, handheld,
Custom WB on green.
Edited in PS.
So, this implies that the G1 has a reasonable amount of IR sensitivity? I am surprised as many newer cameras have the IR wavelengths almost totally cut out.

What are you thoughts of the g1 as and IR camera?

Thanks,
Doug

antara

Hi Doug,
I don't think its very IR sensitive, comparing it to the one camera I owned, Oly C2100 which really allowed hand held shots. It seems to be on a par with other cameras in my experience. But what surprised me was the cleanness of the ISO 800 image. This was the stickler with the other cameras- noisy skies and fuzzy trees. In very bright sun and mostly on a tripod it could be nice.
I keep toying with the idea of getting a IR dedicated camera. But money, money!

Antara

greypilgrim

Hi Doug,
I don't think its very IR sensitive, comparing it to the one camera I owned, Oly C2100 which really allowed hand held shots. It seems to be on a par with other cameras in my experience. But what surprised me was the cleanness of the ISO 800 image. This was the stickler with the other cameras- noisy skies and fuzzy trees. In very bright sun and mostly on a tripod it could be nice.
I keep toying with the idea of getting a IR dedicated camera. But money, money!

Antara
I've thought about converting an original D70 I have to IR but haven't gotten around to it. Of course, the reason I am working towards a G1 is equipment weight reduction, and carrying a separate body around just for IR would be going in the other direction :).

I hear you about the money, that's the only reason I don't have a G1 yet.

Thanks for the reply,
Doug

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It is realy a dog, a big one indeed. Its a Labrador, a very friendly one...
Never meet a lab I did not like. Great breed in dogs. I had a chocolate female and she still brings back great memories for my family. We lost her in a freak accident a couple years ago at a kennel.

Diane B

the reason I am working towards a G1 is equipment weight reduction, and carrying a separate body around just for IR would be going in the other direction :).

Thanks for the reply,
Doug
Exactly. I had my old 10D converted to IR. Its a nice IR camera, takes all my Canon mount lenses and all work except the Sigma 12-24 for whatever reason. However, though it was fun in the beginning, when it comes down to carrying an extra body---I find I just don't. I had a recent trip to north Florida--probably would have been a good place for IR, but in the end I left it home and took the 5D, 400D and G9 (Had I had the G1, it would have been the 5D and G1 *smile*---maybe even just the G1 LOL).

I've shot a good bit of IR with various cameras and Hoya R72 filters--that doesn't interest me much anymore either, but though its nice to shoot IR handheld, carrying a separate body or shooting ONLY IR also doesn't appeal to me.f AND--I, too, am trying to downsize my gear while maintaining the IQ and fun factor I want.

Diane

kweide

Christmas is coming ... and now my family booked me for intense fotowork. Nothing i dont like but this will reduce my fun-time-for-forum-reading.

So take this. It will keep your home in good shape and will chase away all bad ghosts

... taken from the vikings

View attachment 10089

kevinparis

Ok so here is how it goes... a procession of a couple hundred people appear outside our apartment. I grab the 510, chuck on the 12-60 and dash out

of course its dusk in december in Paris... so its 1600 ISO aperture priority and hope for the best.. too dark for good autofocus.

a little PP in Aperture and here we are... not sharp but there is something there... or so I think

see the rest at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinparis2007

Last edited: