The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

kevinparis

a couple of shots wth some new/old lenses on my Oly 510

first on a old Nikkor 28/3.5
and the second on a odd Sigmatel 135/1.8..... yup thats nearly a 300mm f1.8!!!

happy festivities

K

Last edited:

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Which one John?
sorry this one

We've had some tabby-siamese mixes but nothing with such a strong break between the tabby gray stripping and siamese brown and with such blue eyes. Should see if you could get this pattern to breed true.

C

cledry

Hi John, he is feral so it would be a difficult proposition at best. He is very nervous of humans. He was hit by a car that killed his brother and later hit by another car. Both times I couldn't catch him to get him treatment. Thankfully he has healed without so much as a limp.

Amin

Simon, that is a fantastic photograph. Love the interplay between the underwater reeds and the shadows.

barjohn

Here are a few shots from my step son's wedding. Made me happy I wasn't the photographer. What pressure. I was using the FL36R Oly flash. Mostly used it as a bounce flash. I still need to learn a lot more about using it.

Last edited:

Diane B

Competition at the thistle feeder today. G1 with 45-200.
Carl, that jumped out at me. I honestly hadn't been considering the 45-200 zoom--I don't shoot a lot over 90mm (my 70-200 always goes, rarely gets used). Is it as sharp as it looks at the focus point? Or--will it sharpen up nicely? I've seen several quite nice shots with this lens but of course they are web sized--even if larger so its hard to get a handle on it--I do realize its considered 'consumer grade' but so is the kit lens and its very nice. None of the RAWs I downloaded were with this lens--all with the kit so I don't have any experience with seeing them at 100% or even printed (where it makes a difference to me).

My other thought is--I never use a tele--maybe--because its big and maybe not quite as long as I need at times. Perhaps with a small light camera and lens I might actually change my shooting LOL.

Diane

Last edited:

scho

Carl, that jumped out at me. I honestly hadn't been considering the 45-200 zoom--I don't shoot a lot over 90mm (my 70-200 always goes, rarely gets used). Is it as sharp as it looks at the focus point? Or--will it sharpen up nicely? I've seen several quite nice shots with this lens but of course they are web sized--even if larger so its hard to get a handle on it--I do realize its considered 'consumer grade' but so is the kit lens and its very nice. None of the RAWs I downloaded were with this lens--all with the kit so I don't have any experience with seeing them at 100% or even printed (where it makes a difference to me).

My other thought is--I never use a tele--maybe--because its big and maybe not quite as long as I need at times. Perhaps with a small light camera and lens I might actually change my shooting LOL.

Diane
Diane, My copy of the 45-200 is very sharp. You can see some larger images (50%) taken with this lens on my pbase site
The 45-200 is quite compact and not that much larger than the 14-45 kit lens. Either lens (or both with a small bag) is easy to carry around. OIS works very well and is a big plus when shooting handheld at the longer focal lengths.

Regards,
Carl

woodyspedden

Carl

I must admit that the G1 appears to be a very competent image maker. I love the color rendition and the sharpness from the kit lens is very unusual for such a low cost item.

Have you tried printing the files yet and if so what is the largest you have done and how did things hold up?

Thanks

Woody

scho

Carl

I must admit that the G1 appears to be a very competent image maker. I love the color rendition and the sharpness from the kit lens is very unusual for such a low cost item.

Have you tried printing the files yet and if so what is the largest you have done and how did things hold up?

Thanks

Woody
Woody, Yes, I have made several prints in the 16x20 to 18x24 inch size range using a Canon iPF 6100. Image quality and sharpness holds up as well as my M8 images do at comparable print sizes. I'm also amazed at the high performance level of the kit lenses and wonder if Leica was in some way involved in their development.

Regards,
Carl