The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
All three pictures are great...I love the look from this combination. Which lens for the two landscapes?

Bob
Thanks Bob! All three of those were shot with the kit zoom -- according to the exif data, the Half Dome reflection was at 17mm; the tree at 26mm -- it really is an excellent little lens!

peterb

i shot jpeg, fine in the g1.
i open in photoshop elements 6 on my macbook.
i convert to b&w using ? (can't remember) and use the 'urban landscape' setting.
then i process with levels and a touch of unsharp mask.

pretty simple as i'm still learning.
joe
Backalley (Joe?) or Jack F,

I was intrigued by BackAlley's settings. I use a a PC and just got Adobe's FABULOUS Elements 7 (I'd had PSE 5.0 and 3.0 previously). Under which menu would I find 'urban/landscape'? Is that a filter?

Peter

back alley

Backalley (Joe?) or Jack F,

I was intrigued by BackAlley's settings. I use a a PC and just got Adobe's FABULOUS Elements 7 (I'd had PSE 5.0 and 3.0 previously). Under which menu would I find 'urban/landscape'? Is that a filter?

Peter

i convert to black & white by using 'enhance', then 'convert to black and white', and use the urban/snapshot setting.

joe

Terry

Heading out to the coast line but from my walk to the Ferry Market for some goodies and bfast.....

View attachment 10550

edit...I think the upload process sharpens this more. I just substituted the original for this, an unsharpened version, but the back building windows definitely look worse than on my Lightroom screen.

Last edited:

Lili

Thats some bow n' arrow Terry ;)

e410, 25mm, used liveview to frame, lag caused some movement blur but I rather like this jpeg straight from camera

monza

Would anyone like to volunteer to improve this pic by PP? I can post the RW2 for d/l. :) I'm still learning and would love some tips.

fordfanjpn

Would anyone like to volunteer to improve this pic by PP? I can post the RW2 for d/l. :) I'm still learning and would love some tips.
I'm gonna say two things that I'll probably get shot down for, but I'm gonna say them anyway.

First of all, I believe that the content of a picture is more important than the technical proficiency with which it is presented. I would much rather see a technically poor picture of an interesting subject than a technically perfect picture of something boring.

Second, I believe that each photographer has the right to decide for his or herself how an image is presented. There is certainly nothing wrong with soliciting advice or criticism, but in the end, the final decision should rest with the photographer, critics be damned.

Now in your picture, I see two adorable characters sitting on what is probably their favorite chair, and the looks on their faces are priceless. Nothing about the picture strikes me as inherently "wrong" or detracts from those faces. So why mess with it? I like it a lot just the way it is.

Now for the disclaimer. I'm not real happy to be back at work after the New Year holiday, so I'm not in the best of moods today. And that probably accounts for the above rant. Sorry about that. Please feel free to ignore everything I just said. :eek:

Bill

Terry

The only thing I would play with is the highlight on the left and see if you can recover it a bit so it isn't quite so bright.

I agree on the expressions

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Monza,
Bill and Terry are right. Your subjects are adorable.
Post the photo (if you like) and we can see if it will be possible to bring back the left side of the photo a little.

monza

Bill, I agree with your post, just wondering what is possible to get the best out of this photo. :)

nostatic

If it were me, I'd just crop much of the blow-out left side and then figure out how to balance the other side in the crop.

Terry

If it were me, I'd just crop much of the blow-out left side and then figure out how to balance the other side in the crop.

That was exactly the crop I just tried. Too bad there isn't more space on the left after the crop.