The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

barjohn

By the way Sean's review, Part 1 on the G1 is up on his sight. I made some comments on the LUF digital forum.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I finally was able to put the Leica 50 lux pre-ASPH on the G1 today...thanks to John Millich. I was at the Farmer's Market when I took these shots.
This lens has a wonderful smooth focus. The sun was very bright, so using the LCD was a problem. Focusing through the EVF worked fine.

Last edited:

scho

Very nice shots Cindy, love the T-shirt. What is the black circle in the turnips picture?

Regards,
Carl

Terry

Jack is my Hero! Thank You. I'm not used to paying attention to the moon and he told me earlier this afternoon that the shot today was east and I had about 45 minutes to get back to get it....he missed by about 10 minutes :p

scho

Jack is my Hero! Thank You. I'm not used to paying attention to the moon and he told me earlier this afternoon that the shot today was east and I had about 45 minutes to get back to get it....he missed by about 10 minutes :p
Beautiful sequence Terry. Full moon here tonight, but I can't see it through the snow:cry:

wolverine

Cindy,
Fun shots with the 50. Took mine out today and I am excited. Have not had a chance to process yet but the focusing was smooth and quick. The live view magnification is wonderful. Terry, I will be in your fair city tomorrow for a few days. Looking forward to getting around there again. I have all day sunday for photo fun with the G1. Can't wait to try the 90AA for some compressed landscapes and other stuff. Such a great city for photgraphy. Frank :clap:

Diane B

Oh, nice series Terry. I especially like the first with the sailboat. I'm guessing this was maybe the 14-45 since the EXIF says 45mm for 2 and the last 35mm.

Really nice shots everyone. I don't know if these were jpegs, RAWs processed or with what, but the colors are all very nice (as well as the monos).

Diane

Terry

Oh, nice series Terry. I especially like the first with the sailboat. I'm guessing this was maybe the 14-45 since the EXIF says 45mm for 2 and the last 35mm.

Diane
First two are with the 45-200 @45 and the last is with the 14-45.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Very nice shots Cindy, love the T-shirt. What is the black circle in the turnips picture?

Regards,
Carl

:cool: I have no idea. I didn't use any brush or tool that would have left a mark. May I blame it on Capture One (which keeps crashing???:cussing:)
Thanks for pointing it out to me. I re-processed it.

peterb

Terry and Cindy:

WONDERFUL Catches.

Cindy, the apples look absolutely gorgeous.

And Terry, now I see what Tony Bennet's been singin' about all these years. The first and second ones of the bridge are awesome.

Peter

Terry

Back Alley and Cindy - Well done. Tomorrow is my day for "alternative glass" on the G1
Back Alley - the Neon is great
Frank - the weather is supposed to be superb!

Thanks all.

Terry

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Terry, Your photos are beautiful. I wish I could be there.
Joe, I really like the way your black and white shots look. They are just perfect.

back alley

thanks cindy, and carl and peter and terry.

with digital, i have been playing a bit more with colour but i still much prefer the look of black & white.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Terry -- glad you were able to exploit the moonrise so well! The first capture is a ripper! :thumbs:

Brian Mosley

Terry, love the moonrise shots! Bravo :clap:

Here's a shot I took of my youngest daughter while on the tram into town yesterday morning... from the seat opposite, composed from waist level using the G1's articulating LCD.

G1 + 4/3rds Adapter + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/125s f/2 at 57.0mm iso320

This is developed from RAW using Qimage Studio + the custom ICC profile for the G1 - created by Mike Chaney. Levels only slightly tweaked and scaled in Lightzone.

Kind Regards

Brian