The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Knorp

Thanks Carl.
Very detailed shot. I should use that feature more often. :thumbup:

I wouldn't mind an E-M1.2 soon with 24 MP and better high ISO performance. :grin:
But most important to me would be better focusing speed.
My cameras are set up to only fire on focus, so Release is set to Off!
For available light or low contrast situations AF-C simply doesn't work for me.
So I have been forced to use AF-S, never mind using focus tracking.

My reason for wanting more MP is the ability to crop more heavily.
The 42 MP of the A7r2 are just marvelous for that.
I'd like any E-M1 mark II, whether it has 16, 20 or 24 MP, as long as it improves on the noise.
Really, I found the E-M1's output a step backwards compared to the original E-M5.
DXO's Lens Metric Scores seem to confirm this as the same lens always scores higher on the E-M5 ...

:watch:

Annna T

I'd like any E-M1 mark II, whether it has 16, 20 or 24 MP, as long as it improves on the noise.
Really, I found the E-M1's output a step backwards compared to the original E-M5.
DXO's Lens Metric Scores seem to confirm this as the same lens always scores higher on the E-M5 ...

:watch:
I think it is due to the hybrid AF and the sense points added for phase detect on the sensor, or the current needed to read these points.

Annna T

E-M1 with 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 50mm and f/5.6

And my 3 year old daughter insisted that I add this: :ROTFL:

The 7 year old demanded democracy and insisted on this one: :LOL:
Glad to see you back here. I was missing your pictures.

One more for each of your daughters : :thumbs: :clap:

mediumcool

I was not familiar with that lens Jorgen. I know of the 14-42 and 14-45, but not a PL 14-50/2.8-3.5. Then is discovered it was a 4/3rds lens, not m43. I often forget that the earlier 4/3rds format existed.

Gary
I have a Zuiko 14–54 f/2.8–3.5 (4/3 mount) which I have adapted to μ4/3—excellent at all apertures and focal lengths. Focuses well-enough on the Olympus E-M5; not so well on the Lumix G3.

bensonga

Some people take photos of their cats with a new camera or lens. I don't have a cat, but I do frequent my favorite coffee shop on a regular basis.

The original 20/1.7 lens used on my G1 and GH-2 was always one of my favorite lenses. I'm glad to see that version II is just as good.

Gary

GH-3, 20/1.7 II lens, ISO 200, 1/25th at f1.7

bensonga

A few more shots from my trip to France in 2012. Staircases in the Palace of Versailles. I printed the first of these for a May B&W print exchange on Ilford Gold Mono Silk. There is talk in the group of doing a "staircases" theme print exchange in the future, so I'll have to search thru my photos from France and Holland for a few more candidates. There are not many interesting staircases in the buildings here in Anchorage.

Gary

GH-2 with the 12-35mm f2.8 lens at 12mm