The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

biglouis

I'm such a gear whore.

My youngest son is getting married in a week's time and I decided I really had to have a DG 25/1.4 for some portrait work. That's my justification for it, anyway.

Here is another from the last time around - on my GH-2.

This is the detail from the sunglasses wide open. Seriously, you would have to pay nearly two grand for a 50/1.4 Summilux for your M rangefinder and still probably find that focus was out.

Last edited:

biglouis

Coot with chicks - it's not hard to understand how something so ugly can grow up to be so bland.

GX8, Lumix Leica DG 100-400

f6cvalkyrie

Yesterday, in our neighbour village of Céroux was organised a gathering of vintage tractors ...

this was the oldest one on show ...

this was the fastest one ...

sometimes, you need to "preheat"

and sometimes you have a luxury seat ...

There are many more on my Flickr account, if you're interested !
https://www.flickr.com/photos/f6cvalkyrie/

CU,
Rafael

mediumcool

Really, you ozzies: 'hot sauce' is your dish ?
Well, some Aussies like chilli, as do many ppl globally. So it’s time to make some sauce—my supermarket is selling all of these chilli varieties for $10 per kilo. Except for Carolina Reapers, which go for $350/kg!

;)

biglouis

Received the 25/1.4 today - not much time to play with it but my cat was fairly obliging.

This is even sharper wide open than I remember although maybe the extra pixels on the GX8 help.

Both shots are RAWs loaded into LR and then exported with no processing (except cropping).

100% crop - focus was just at the edge of the left eye. My poor cat seems to suffer from weeping on occasion but the vet says this is OK.

I bought this lens from a grey-importer at about 2/3rds the normal price. The sharpness here would be about the same as my M8 with the Elmarit 90/2.8 or my (now sold) A7R + FE 90/2.8. Suffice it to say the m43rds solution is significantly cheaper, overall.

marlof

Received the 25/1.4 today
I love that lens! If I have to name one fault: I did find the lens hood a bit too large. The hood for the Macro Elmarit 45 2.8 is smaller and fits as well. Now all is well. If you want to try it for yourself: the part number is VYC1005.

biglouis

I love that lens! If I have to name one fault: I did find the lens hood a bit too large. The hood for the Macro Elmarit 45 2.8 is smaller and fits as well. Now all is well. If you want to try it for yourself: the part number is VYC1005.
When I came back to m43rds the 45/2.8 was the second lens I re-acquired. I didn't know that about the hood so I will try it.

Thanks

Annna T

It is one of my favorite lens too for MFT, although I use it less since I got the m.Zuiko 12-40mm F2.8 which is so sharp and uniform at almost all apertures. As for the 25mm F1.4, I like its rendering a lot, especially for portraits, but like many Panasonic lenses it is less uniform than the Olympus, but is sharper in the center. I think that Olympus is going for more uniformity and microcontrast, while Panasonic put emphasis on sharpness in the center and smoother bokey.

The big lens hood is bothering me a lot, all the more so that you can't reverse it to store the lens. It is the main reason why I tend to go out with the 12-40mm rather than the 25mm.