The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

k-hawinkler

Well, I guess I am now fully committed to my GX8 being the heart of my main camera system.

Today, I took delivery of the Lumix 35-100/2.8. I find my 45/2.8 is too short on occasion and I am not going to lug my 100-400 around for urban landscapes. So, I accepted that I probably wouldn't do better as a solution for medium to long telephoto than this lens. I am really surprised at how small and light the lens is.

These are a few test shots.

Wide open at f2.8 and iso400. Definitely shown signs of Leica DNA here, imho.

Same settings as above.

100% crop - good level of detail, imho

I'm not seriously going to use it for birding but she alighted about 15 foot from me and I took advantage. iso1600 100mm 1/125 (cropped)

Another view, pretty much straight out of the camera.

I'll mainly be using the lens to pick architectural detail high up on buildings and probably mostly at f8 where I can. But I have to say even wide open this is a sharp lens.

LouisB

Great shots. The last 2 frames seem rather noisy though. How come?

mediumcool

Today’s pix with new lens
Received my ‘toy’ Lumix 12–32 zoom today, and wasted no time in checking it out. Whilst waiting for a bus into Adelaide for my customary Friday lunch in Chinatown, I first tried a geometrical entity AKA a bus stop.

Olympus E-M5 Lumix 12–32 zoom at 12mm 1/1250 f/3.5 ISO 500

Above image with 85% barrel correction in Capture One

mediumcool

Looking for the M44

Olympus E-M5 Lumix 12–32 zoom at 13mm 1/200 f/5 ISO 250

Olympus E-M5 Lumix 12–32 zoom at 13mm 1/200 f/5 ISO 250