The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

marlof

I'm om this road as well, but have a hard time getting images from the camera on my computer. Not a technical problem, but a motivational.

OOC JPEG

Last edited:

biglouis

Either a juvenile or female Great Tit - in the background another one is on my fat ball feeder flexing its wings. GX8+PanaLeica 100-400.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The vertical grip for the E-M1 arrived today. Suddenly it's a totally different camera. Much better!

E-M1 with Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 @ 90mm and f/2.8

Knorp

Now, I can imagine many prefer a COLD beer on a warm summer's day, but this time I guess it's the WARMER beer that's more appealing ... :angel:

Knorp

The vertical grip for the E-M1 arrived today. Suddenly it's a totally different camera. Much better!
Pffff - of course it's much better, Jørgen. Much more like your behemoth now ... :p
But seriously, the grip is a necessity and makes all the difference.
Still, when using my 'tiny' 15/1.7, I can easily do without.

Kind regards.

marlof

Pen-F and 20 1.7 II; lovely combo

- - - Updated - - -

But seriously, the grip is a necessity and makes all the difference.

Funny, I have grips for all my cameras, but don't use them since they negate the small size that made me love m43.
To me, the EM1 handles fine as it is, even with the 40-150 PRO. The EM5 ditto. The Pen-F needs a grip with larger lenses, but even with grip I don't like that body with larger lenses. It's made for small lenses.

pegelli

Now, I can imagine many prefer a COLD beer on a warm summer's day, but this time I guess it's the WARMER beer that's more appealing ... :angel:
Maybe taming the highlights a bit might make the COLD beer slightly more appealing as well :grin:

mediumcool

Maybe taming the highlights a bit might make the COLD beer slightly more appealing as well :grin:
My point was that “taming the highlights” in a JPEG inevitably leads to tears before bedtime. I imported the JPEG into the same Session and copied/pasted adjusted parameters from the Raw conversion, with the result seen below. Certain adjustments such as layer data were not transferred, but I did ensure that the CT was the same 9931°K, and exposure reduced 0.5 stop as was done in the “David” layer. This exercise convinced my friend David (yes, the very same!) to download the free C1 for Sony to use with his RX100.

pegelli

My point was that “taming the highlights” in a JPEG inevitably leads to tears before bedtime. I imported the JPEG into the same Session and copied/pasted adjusted parameters from the Raw conversion, with the result seen below. Certain adjustments such as layer data were not transferred, but I did ensure that the CT was the same 9931°K, and exposure reduced 0.5 stop as was done in the “David” layer. This exercise convinced my friend David (yes, the very same!) to download the free C1 for Sony to use with his RX100.
Agree, jpg's are fine when "close". Too much tinkering never becomes them well.