The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Knorp

Panasonic needs to supply sample lenses to PhaseOne for analysis; Olympus is clearly well ahead in this area.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Hi Ian, for that reason (lack of support by P1) I bought a GX8 for my PLs (15, 42.5, 100-400).
Distortion is pretty well controlled by the cam, obviously it's the 15 that benefits here.

Kind regards.

mediumcool

Hi Ian, for that reason (lack of support by P1) I bought a GX8 for my PLs (15, 42.5, 100-400).
Distortion is pretty well controlled by the cam, obviously it's the 15 that benefits here.
It’s actually not all PhaseOne’s ‘fault’—Olympus cameras (or at least my E-M5) do not correctly—or at all—pass on Panasonic lens distortion data to Capture One. This is disappointing in the extreme, and makes the ‘standards’ of m43 a bit of a joke. I must try the 12–32 on my now ancient G3 to see what happens. Cannot afford a new Lumix on my miserly pension! :(

Knorp

It’s actually not all PhaseOne’s ‘fault’—Olympus cameras (or at least my E-M5) do not correctly—or at all—pass on Panasonic lens distortion data to Capture One. This is disappointing in the extreme, and makes the ‘standards’ of m43 a bit of a joke. I must try the 12–32 on my now ancient G3 to see what happens. Cannot afford a new Lumix on my miserly pension! :(
Absolutely. Right from the beginning there was this discord.
What I did before the GX8 was to select a corresponding Olympus lens that took care of most if not all of the distortion.
Anyway distortion correction often means losing quite a bit of your image ...

All the best.

biglouis

Two very different photographs, showing the versatility of the GX8

Lumix 12-35/2.8 - Christ Church from Spitalfields New Market

Lumix 100-400 - Curious Robin

mediumcool

I went to a Civil War re-enactment. I used the Oly EM-5 for the battle with the 75-300mm lens.
I wonder what the promotion prospects for drummer boys would have been like—as with flag carriers, they would have been targeted early on in any battle. And as Stephen Wright once said, “How can any war be civil?”

Lovely light in these …

biglouis

My older brother had a Tourer in the late ’60s!
I posted this on Facebook and received a couple of memories from people. It was a much liked, even loved vehicle. It was the second car I ever drove (off road because I was under the legal driving age but around the scrub where we lived). So easy to drive. The engine has so much torque you could put it into gear and gently take your foot off the accelerator and it would drive itself forward. Don't quite get the same thrill from my functional Ford Focus but the Ford has done nearly 90,000 miles and never seems to let me down.

LouisB

neilvan

Had another great view of a sunset from my patio the other night...

All shot with E-M1 | 40-150 Pro, very little post-processing done (RAW convert w/ DXO, slight contrast and colour correction)

A two-shot panorama (an afterthought :D )