The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

V

Vivek

Not quite John (when the chrome is your subject). I have seen many well exposed LF shots with lots of surface details (not the web sharpened things that hurt ones eyes). It is really nice that way (for me at least).

W

wblynch

Cindy Flood said:
Wonderful series, Terry.

Thanks Cindy. I am having so much fun with the G1 :) I want to try a few of my Leica lenes in particular I have a 135mm F4 Tele Elmar that is a gem given it's age and grace.

Best regards. Terry
No pics of the Steam Clock?

(my favorite thing in Vancouver) :)

W

wblynch

Here is a little different perspective :D of the Gastown steam clock - shot with the G1 and the 45-200.

Best regards. Terry
Ah, very nice. Thank you!!

edit: The detail in the steam is amazing

W

wblynch

The way you zoom with the Mac is to hold down the control key and roll the scroll ball. You can go up or bring it back down.
Don't know if it was mentioned but that works in Firefox on Windows too.

scho

Hi Terry, Great street shots and the steam image is very nice as well.

Regards,
Carl

T

terryc

Hi Terry, Great street shots and the steam image is very nice as well.

Regards,
Carl
Carl and all, thank you so much.

The Steam Clock located on Water Street in Vancouver's Gastown and is powered by steam. It is a very popular attraction....

A couple of years ago it was hit by a car and has not been very accurate since. Of course it would be extremely costly to fix, that said it is steam powered, and not exactly a Swiss time piece so all is forgiven. When it does go off - it has a very cool sound (at least I think so).

In the summer time - it is a street shooters dream corner! Needless to say I have shot this clock every which way to Sunday - but I decided just to shoot one of the Steam vents and I was pretty impressed with the G1 and the 45-200 lens.

Best regards. Terry.

Friedel

Here some attempts in B&W with G1 and the Zuiko Pancake 25 and with the Nokton 40/1,4, I think all wide open and ISO 800.

Nokton

Pancake

Nokton

Thank you for viewing
Karl