The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

mediumcool

Early in the morning

Olympus E-M5 w/adapted 14–54 Zuiko at 14mm 1/25 f/2.8 ISO 1250
Three different amounts of vignetting were used in C1 and blended in Pixelmator

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
First shot with this new to me GX8, across a restaurant table last night. I should be careful with what I say after less than a day with this camera, most of which I've spent in my bed or behind my desk. But so far, I'm very impressed. Ergonomics are fantastic and image quality seems to be great :thumbup:

GX8 with Panasonic 25mm f/1.7 @ f/1.7

biglouis

I've seen - or rather heard - Ring-necked Parakeets screeching across the sky before but never had them actually land on our tree in the back garden and start to attack the apples. At one point there were five of them. They are completely fearless. Normally, when I open the back door and poke my camera out birds take off. Not these two. They stayed and left when they were good and ready. All this only a mile as the Parakeet flies from the BT Tower in central London and taken today, the 2nd December.
Panasonic GX8+Lumix 100-400

biglouis

First shot with this new to me GX8, across a restaurant table last night. I should be careful with what I say after less than a day with this camera, most of which I've spent in my bed or behind my desk. But so far, I'm very impressed. Ergonomics are fantastic and image quality seems to be great :thumbup:

GX8 with Panasonic 25mm f/1.7 @ f/1.7

Good start, Jorgen. The camera that seduced me away from all things Sony. You've made a good choice.

LouisB

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I was browsing through some old images from July this year. For some reasons, I tried out the now sold Zuiko 40-150mm with the GH1. As usual, the girls had to "volunteer" for the shoot :)

GH1 with Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 @ 95mm and f/2.8

That old camera still works very well. I'll have to use it more :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Of all seriously surprising lenses I've tried, this must be the surprisiest one :D

... and it focuses down to 20 cm :)

My lunch yesterday, Yam Pla Duk Foo:

GX8 with Pana 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 27mm and f/5.3

mediumcool

Of all seriously surprising lenses I've tried, this must be the surprisiest one :D

... and it focuses down to 20 cm :)

My lunch yesterday, Yam Pla Duk Foo:

GX8 with Pana 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 27mm and f/5.3

I acquired one of these as a walk-around lens, and was happily surprised at its sharpness, but not by the distortion at 12mm; the limited aperture and focal length at the other end were already grokked. :D

Nice pic—nice lunch! I am presently experiencing Vietnamese withdrawal, as the $9 soup from the old food court in Adelaide’s Central Market (subject of photographs I have posted here) is not available until next year, due to refurbishment. :(

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I acquired one of these as a walk-around lens, and was happily surprised at its sharpness, but not by the distortion at 12mm; the limited aperture and focal length at the other end were already grokked. :D

Nice pic—nice lunch! I am presently experiencing Vietnamese withdrawal, as the $9 soup from the old food court in Adelaide’s Central Market (subject of photographs I have posted here) is not available until next year, due to refurbishment. :(
I'm about to buy the 12-35mm f/2.8 for critical work :)

biglouis

I'm about to buy the 12-35mm f/2.8 for critical work :)
An amazing lens. I got one as a kit package with the GX8 and it was probably significant in me dumping my Sony kit and going back to m43rds. So small, so light, so capable, so 'Leica', as well.

Do you have the 35-100? Even better than the 12-35, imho.

LouisB

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
An amazing lens. I got one as a kit package with the GX8 and it was probably significant in me dumping my Sony kit and going back to m43rds. So small, so light, so capable, so 'Leica', as well.

Do you have the 35-100? Even better than the 12-35, imho.

LouisB
I'm buying both, but I'll probably have to wait a month or so for the second one.

What has held me back earlier is that the corresponding Zuiko lenses have been scoring higher in reviews. Only recently have I come to the conclusion that the all over sharpness that the Zuiko lenses and many other modern lenses feature becomes rather uninteresting if it isn't accompanied by great micro contrast and depth. The samples and reviews I've been through the last week indicate strongly that the Panasonic duo is superior in this respect. Although these two lenses are not Leica branded, I have a strong feeling that Panasonic has learned a lot from the German master.

An added value is of course the "dual IS" I get with the GX8 and these lenses. The GX8 impresses me a lot when it comes to image quality btw.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Testing lenses and the limits of IBIS of the GX8. The colours that I get from this camera (RAW) are among the best I've had from any camera.

GX8 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/2 Macro