The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

monk

Queensland's Flying Foxes. World's largest bats! Personality galore, and a three-foot Dracula-cape wingspan. (EM1.2 + Pana-Leica 100-400mm)

mediumcool

Queensland's Flying Foxes. World's largest bats! Personality galore, and a three-foot Dracula-cape wingspan. (EM1.2 + Pana-Leica 100-400mm)
And there I was, thinking about female flight attendants! At least I didn’t mention T̶r̶u̶m̶p̶ recent events.

GetDPI needs a Coffee Corner! ;)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Urban fox in my back garden - checking me out. GX8 Lumix Leica DG 100-400
Very nice shot, Louis. How do you feel that the 100-400 balances on the GX8? I've been contemplating a G85/80 as my second body for a large lens like that, but maybe I should just wait for the GX9.

biglouis

Very nice shot, Louis. How do you feel that the 100-400 balances on the GX8? I've been contemplating a G85/80 as my second body for a large lens like that, but maybe I should just wait for the GX9.
Jorgen

Personally, I have no problem with the lens on the GX8 and I find it works great and I feel I can hold the lens confidently. That is not the case with the GX80 where I find the lens dwarfs the body and is less easy to operate and feels odd in comparison to the size of the body. That said I want to try and use the GX80 more to see if the lack of AA filter makes a difference.

LouisB

biglouis

Some fun with the GX8, yesterday.

A 'Sheldon Cooper' moment (for those of you who will get the 'Big Bang' reference): a diesel electric pulling a two other diesel locomotives, probably on the way to sidings at King's Cross station in London.
(GX8+Lumix 35-100/2.8)

'When guitarists and bus spotters collide'
(GX8+Lumix 12-35/2.8)

biglouis

Classic London shot - restored Austin Mini Cooper and red telephone boxes in St Martin's Lane - GX8+35-100/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I went out to find a brick wall for testing the new-to-me Panasonic 35-100mm f/2.8, but failed miserably as usual. I did find these guys practicing motocross though. I've never shot motocross before and never used the GX8 for any action at all, so I was kind of experimenting, but when I get the camera settings right, this can become quite fun :)

GX8 with Panasonic 35-100mm f/1.8 @ 100mm, 1/320s and f/5.6

biglouis

^^^^ Great stuff, Jorgen ^^^^

Each time I shoot with the 35-100/2.8 I am incredibly impressed with its performance. Bang for buck one of the best lenses I've owned.

LouisB

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
^^^^ Great stuff, Jorgen ^^^^

Each time I shoot with the 35-100/2.8 I am incredibly impressed with its performance. Bang for buck one of the best lenses I've owned.

LouisB
Thank you Louis. This seems to be an extremely versatile lens, and it's such a fine, compact and lightweight combo with the GX8. I have to get my AF and IS settings right for this kind of photography though.

Knorp

Thank you Louis. This seems to be an extremely versatile lens, and it's such a fine, compact and lightweight combo with the GX8. I have to get my AF and IS settings right for this kind of photography though.
Hi there Jørgen, just wondering (and out of curiosity :eek:): in what way did you have to adjust those settings ?

TIA.

Kind regards.