The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

biglouis

oops - fixed now, sorry.
Thanks, Bart. Always useful to see samples - especially as like you I mainly use my 100-400 for birding. In an ideal world I'd like to have the 300/4 as well. But I don't think I could cope with the weight. I've just bought a decent gimbal to use with my 100-400 which helps a lot.

I'm envious of the Kingfisher shot - never had the opportunity (yet). And the Wren is one of my favourite birds. So small, very difficult to photograph because they move so rapidly. And yet with one of the loudest voices around.

LouisB

PSon

Dear Jörgen,
My condolence to you and your family. We will always remember our love one dearly.
Best Wishes,
-Son

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

much better imo ... 100% crop

Many many thanks Bart for leaving the Exif in. And congratulations on your E-M1.2 + 300/4 Pro.
WOW! Incredibly stunning shots. It looks like the gull is right here in front of me in my living room!
Well, it looks like you have found your subject for Eye-AF. :grin:
From now on this phenomenal IQ will be my expectation whenever I came across one of your new images! :thumbs: :clap: :salute:
The aggressive intensity emanating from the gull in the first image is pretty scary. One of your best images IMHO.
Keep 'em coming! Thanks again! :D

mediumcool

Diffraction Correction in Capture One v10

Olympus E-M5 with Lumix 45–175 @ 51mm 1/250 f/10 ISO 200

A new feature that works quite well, especially considering that there is no adjustment for this control. The left frame was cloned (Image > Clone Variant), and the two thumbnails selected so they appear side-by-side. The only difference is that the clone has had Diffraction Correction turned on. The increased microcontrast is obvious in the brown render, but not so much in the leaves.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sometimes, I get this idea that I should buy another portrait lens. That's before I realise that almost all the lenses I have that are usable on m4/3 are good portrait lenses. A couple of them are very good, like this one:

GX8 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/2 Macro

Elderly

My father passed away last Monday at the age of 91. ]
I've just seen this Jorgen as I've been away travelling; my sincere condolences, and I do understand your feelings at this time as I recently lost my very elderly mother.

I feel I maybe hijacking your post Jorgen, but all of a sudden I find it hard to resist posting my iPhone selfie of our last moments together.

Irenaeus

I've just seen this Jorgen as I've been away travelling; my sincere condolences, and I do understand your feelings at this time as I recently lost my very elderly mother.

I feel I maybe hijacking your post Jorgen, but all of a sudden I find it hard to resist posting my iPhone selfie of our last moments together.

Thank you for letting us know and much sympathy to each of you and to your families. May you be comforted in your grief and your healing process be made fruitful.

Irenaeus

bensonga

I was in southeastern Arizona last week for the assembly, installation, calibration and "first light" of a 40 inch Dobsonian telescope that a friend of mine donated to the Tucson Amateur Astronomy Association's Chiricahua Astronomy Complex site. Much of my time was spent at the site, day and night, but I did get away one morning for a quick drive in to the Chiricahua National Monument. Unfortunately, it happened to be an overcast morning so no blue sky background, but at least the shadows weren't as harsh. I added some contrast with Nik ColorEfex. There are many amazing rock formations in this park.

Gary

GX8 and 12-35mm f2.8 lens

Last edited: