The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

scho

Couple more. I have more to process and when I get home will have many more to post So far though the quality of files is really nice. My biggest issue is raw processing and I hate ACR for it. May have to load Silky Pix or something
Beautiful shots Guy. Love the snow on the red rocks - looks like powdered sugar.

Brian Mosley

Couple more. I have more to process and when I get home will have many more to post So far though the quality of files is really nice. My biggest issue is raw processing and I hate ACR for it. May have to load Silky Pix or something
Guy, amazing scenery (especially the last image) - I wish I could have been there! you mention disliking ACR, which raw converter do you prefer?

I'm using Qimage Studio (PC specific) and then Lightzone to PP my G1 images, and Faststone image viewer has just been updated to allow very fast browsing of raw files too.

Cheers

Brian

V

Vivek

Recently, I got Wolfgang Rabe's c-mount adapter. A couple of shots using it and a Xenoplan 25mm f/1.9 lens. Both b/w jpgs out of the G1 worked and resized in PS.

Bicyclist Take 3

G1, ISO100, 1/800s, f/1.9

G1, ISO100, 1/100s, f/1.9

BTW, the lens covers the whole frame with no vignetting. It is very tiny and weighs 90gms (~105gms with the adapter)

peterb

Been away for a bit. Guy, the shots of the red rocks are absolutely fabulous. I see you're getting to like this new picture taker. Thanks for sharing.

Vivek, nice catch of the man on the bus (or train) and the cyclist. Very nice lens.

Mawz, great snow shot. Reminds me of my youth in Malone, NY (without the tram, of course).

Peter

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Guy, amazing scenery (especially the last image) - I wish I could have been there! you mention disliking ACR, which raw converter do you prefer?

I'm using Qimage Studio (PC specific) and then Lightzone to PP my G1 images, and Faststone image viewer has just been updated to allow very fast browsing of raw files too.

Cheers

Brian
Thanks Brian i just need to settle in a Raw conversion package that I like. My biggest issue is it is not supported by C1 in which I have the most experience and my raw processor of choice with my MF system. Myself I like to keep my computers really clean with software and stuff. I may play with Silky Pix or my other favorite is Raw Developer. Lightroom I have removed from my systems. I will post a bunch more when the workshop is over and have some real time to work these files and figure out and come up with some idea's for the G1 folks

V

Vivek

Brian and Peter: Thanks. (Peter that is an elderly lady seated, BTW).

mawz. Very nice. :)

clay stewart

Hey Guy, that mirror shot it great. Was it posed or candid?

Is the E420 still allowed in the 4/3 thread? I know it's not a G1, but here's one with the pancake anyway.:D

Last edited:
V

vanhulsenbeek

A snowy day in Toronto:

G1, G Vario 14-45
Love that!

(Rayqual adapter almost on doorstep. G1 coming next week, I hope. CV 15 ready, and the WATE I bought almost 2 years ago, partly because of Guy's warm praise. A lot of fun coming!)

mawz

@Clay: That's a great minimalist shot. Looking forward to trying out the Oly pancake on my G1 (Just need to find that MA1 adaptor, it's rare in these parts)

@Klaus: A great candid.

And some more snow for you:

O

olyinaz

Globular star cluster

M79 - One of the few globular star clusters visible in the winter sky. 41,000 light years distant and possibly a visitor from another galaxy. (Also note the unidentified galaxy in the upper left corner of the image.)

G1, 11" Celestron scope with Hyperstar lens (effective 560mm f/2), 30 sec's at 500iso

Cheers,
Oly

Last edited:

monza

Oly, another impressive astro shot. But there are a lot of hot pixels and dust on your sensor. :) heh ;)