The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Leica 77

Just for fun, I put a Digital High Definition 0.45X Wide Angle Lens with Macro (Japan Optics) converter in front of the G1 kit lens 14-45mm. Though I had no high expectations, the following images resulted. The Lumix G1 continues to produce unexpected nice surprises. Leica 77

Last edited:

Leica 77

The following photo shows the Lumix G1 coupled with its kit lens attached to a High Definition Wide Lens converter. This set up was used to photograph all the photos posted above yesterday. Leica 77

Last edited:

Leica 77

Hello monza,
Many thanks for your positive feedback. The focal lengths ranged from 14mm to 25mm, using the 14-45mm G1 kit lens, for the images posted. Because of the use of the High Definition 0.45X Wide Angle Macro adaptor, I could zoom in really close to the subjects. It still retained pretty good image resolution to my pleasant surprise. Thanks again. Leica 77

Hello mark1000,
The bird looks fantastic. The bokeh in the background is almost reminiscent of the bokeh produced by Leica M 90mm Summicron lenses. All the best! Leica 77

mark1000

Hello monza,
Many thanks for your positive feedback. The focal lengths ranged from 14mm to 25mm, using the 14-45mm G1 kit lens, for the images posted. Because of the use of the High Definition 0.45X Wide Angle Macro adaptor, I could zoom in really close to the subjects. It still retained pretty good image resolution to my pleasant surprise. Thanks again. Leica 77

Hello mark1000,
The bird looks fantastic. The bokeh in the background is almost reminiscent of the bokeh produced by Leica M 90mm Summicron lenses. All the best! Leica 77

Hi Leica 77, as a noob in all things concerning bokeh i'm puzzled, in another forum where i post this pic i was C&C'd about the bokeh and told the bokeh was very bad due to the kit lens i used (45-200mm kit ), so is the Leica M 90mm Summicron bad bokeh too, is that what your saying?.

All i know is i like the pic for what it is.

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

Mark.

monza

The kit lens does a good job, IMHO, for what it is...it's an inexpensive kit lens. I don't have any issues with software correction, it helps keep the cost down. Now, I do wish camera manufacturers would go back to the old days and bundle a relatively fast prime instead...probably not going to happen.

I use it pretty much at 14mm for a 28/3.5 equivalent as there aren't any other options for that at the moment. The only other option is the CV 15, which is slower. The focal lengths on the kit lens above 14mm are too slow.

Last edited:

kweide

Boring day.... snowing all the time. Lousy cold.

So what can a man do ??
Tuning ! Tune the FL36 for faster recycling times.... what have i done.... it works..don´t do that with your toys....!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Boring day.... snowing all the time. Lousy cold.

So what can a man do ??
Tuning ! Tune the FL36 for faster recycling times.... what have i done.... it works..don´t do that with your toys....!

Yikes, Mr. K!:bugeyes:That looks interesting. Nice product shots.

jklotz

This is kind of fun. A 5 image stitch of downtown Atlanta taken from the roof of my studio. G1, pani tele zoom

Leica 77

Hi Leica 77, as a noob in all things concerning bokeh i'm puzzled, in another forum where i post this pic i was C&C'd about the bokeh and told the bokeh was very bad due to the kit lens i used (45-200mm kit ), so is the Leica M 90mm Summicron bad bokeh too, is that what your saying?.

All i know is i like the pic for what it is.

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

Mark.
Hello MARK,
Actually, I was pleased to see the bokeh behind the beautiful bird. Leica M 90mm Summicron like Leica M 35mm Summicron lenses produce fine bokeh as well. Best regards, Leica 77