The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

C

cledry

Took a photo of a newly adapted Konica 50MM/1.7 on my L1. I think they are a nice match.

wjlapier

I think the RX Switars say RX on them.

Here is an auction with an RX lens showing "RX."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170306864302

Bill, have you tried the Switar in 16:9 format to check the vignetting?

Yes--16:9. Here are both pics prior to cropping. As is out of camera. Seems like at 3:2 there was less vignetting--I don't have any pics handy now.

Mine is not the RX version according to the pic in that ebay auction.

monza

Rex and non-Rex lenses had exactly the same back focus distance (17.65mm, IIRC) but the Rex versions had different spherical aberration correction to account for the extra glass of the viewing prism. (Not all lenses needed a separate Rex version, so there may not be one for the 25/1.4.)
Having seen the RX and non-RX versions and not knowing which would work best, I came across this link.

http://www.city-net.com/~fodder/bolex/truth.html

Only for those technically inclined. ;)

markwon

Photos taken with the Leica Digilux 3. First shot with Zeiss 50 1.7, 2, 3 with 25 D Summilux, and the last with the R 35-70 f4.

Last edited:

monza

Yes--16:9. Here are both pics prior to cropping. As is out of camera. Seems like at 3:2 there was less vignetting--I don't have any pics handy now.
Thanks Bill.

Although many of these c-mount lenses don't cover the sensor, as you have shown that doesn't necessarily mean they can't produce good images. Some of these have very nice signatures, it's fun having a whole new (old) world of glass available...

R

Ranger 9

Ewwwww, gross!

I had a horrible thought last night while experimenting with my G1's articulated LCD:

Take one of the tiny, close-focusing C-mount lenses we've been reading about on this thread, add a homemade "ring light" consisting of some white LEDs in a circle, and you should have the ideal rig for making self-portraits up your own nose, or (if your peripheral vision is good) in your own ear.

Who knows, maybe this could be the next big Flickr fad after camera tossing.

Mind you, I had taken a Sudafed and consequently was completely loopy when I thought of this. I do NOT want to see any sample pictures, okay????

In fact, now that I've written it, I'm trying to get the idea out of my head...

wjlapier

Thanks Bill.

Although many of these c-mount lenses don't cover the sensor, as you have shown that doesn't necessarily mean they can't produce good images. Some of these have very nice signatures, it's fun having a whole new (old) world of glass available...
I'm such an idiot :banghead:

My lens came with a hood and that was the cause of the heavy vignetting. It didn't occur to me to NOT use it. For some reason I took the hood off and tried some more test and most of the vignetting is gone, especially at 16:9. :thumbup:

Starting to look like a nice little lens. It looks like I do have infinity focus, pretty sharp wide open, but I could use some lathe work on the rear.

Tomorrow I'll go out and take some more pics with the hood off!

markwon

Thank you for your kind words Cindy! I miss that Zeiss lens, it was sharp and pleasant. But in the end I preferred the colors from the 25 D Summilux much more.

YB--how is the G1 with legacy glass? So far, I think I've only seen people use M lenses on it. Is there focus confirmation?

f6cvalkyrie

some very nice pics uploaded here recently !

Here's another cat :

(G1 with kit lens at 200mm f5.6 iso800)

Enjoy,
Rafael