The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

R

robertasumendi

Again, many nice pictures here :thumbs:

Klaus, Cindy, Friedel, Lili & Mark, well done !!

C U,
Rafael
Yeah, I'll second that, fun stuff :)

Not to obsess over this Summar but I can't get enough of this lens... self-portrait with some nice, diffuse light coming through the windows on a cloudy PNW afternoon:

kweide

Dont you laugh, really Olys cant do weddings. Another proof.
The bride while the reception, already blessed with aching feet

kdemas

A few shots from the G1 45-200mm combo. It was the first outing for the longer kit zoom.

This is one fun little camera!

Peaceful moment.

Hunting for lunch.

wjlapier

Nice shots, Bill. What's your favorite of the cine lenses so far?

Summarit-M 50/1.5 @ f/2.0

My daughter loves cats.

I don't know. At first it was the Canon 50/1.8, then the Kern 25/1.4, then Som 1/1.9. The Kern 10/1.6 is very sharp wide open--when I can nail the focus :rolleyes: It's a fun lens.

Kern 10/1.6. Shot about one foot from the statue.
Bill,

Thank you for sharing, you post some beautiful pictures. I am actively looking for W/A primes and by your posts the Kern 10 and 16 seem to be good candidates, although the 10mm seems to have some 'smearing' in the upper left corner and slight vignetting in the upper left and lower right corner that could be easily corrected in software.

I cannot make out what happened to your SOM picture. The vases are super-sharp, but the lower part of the column and the steps are not, although they seem to be in the same area of focus. Also, everything along the left edge is unsharp. I have just "won" and am waiting to receive a 20mm/1.5 SOM Berthiot that I paid $340 and this picture makes me a bit worried.

My usual questions:

- Are the pictures you show full format or cropped?
- Any software vignetting correction?
- Lens opening

Thank you in advance for your answers
Kind regards
Peter

Jonas

An unknow pot flower, macro experiment

Inspired by the flowers recently posted here (and by the weather as well...) I decided to try my Olympus OM50/2 Macro with a V2XMFTC on the G1:

Cheers, /Jonas

Re: An unknow pot flower, macro experiment

Inspired by the flowers recently posted here (and by the weather as well...) I decided to try my Olympus OM50/2 Macro with a V2XMFTC on the G1
Beautiful, Jonas it is evidently an excellent lens and a nice bokeh. Forgive my ignorance, what is V2XMFTC?
Peter

wjlapier

Bill,

Thank you for sharing, you post some beautiful pictures. I am actively looking for W/A primes and by your posts the Kern 10 and 16 seem to be good candidates, although the 10mm seems to have some 'smearing' in the upper left corner and slight vignetting in the upper left and lower right corner that could be easily corrected in software.

I cannot make out what happened to your SOM picture. The vases are super-sharp, but the lower part of the column and the steps are not, although they seem to be in the same area of focus. Also, everything along the left edge is unsharp. I have just "won" and am waiting to receive a 20mm/1.5 SOM Berthiot that I paid $340 and this picture makes me a bit worried.

My usual questions:

- Are the pictures you show full format or cropped?
- Any software vignetting correction?
- Lens opening

Thank you in advance for your answers
Kind regards
Peter
Hi Peter. I don't think I have great news in regard to some of the OOF issues from this lens and others. I'm noticing that, with the SOM anyway, that when shot wide open the center is sharp as it should be, but from there it get's soft or smeary ( a word? ). Since I just noticed this I will pay more attention to the details of my shooting.

I've been thinking that it would be a good idea to take some pictures of a white wall to show how different lenses vignette with different ratios and aperture settings. The Kern 10 and 16 do vignette so I shoot them in 16:9 and it helps some. I'll post a comparison picture before and after cropping to show how much vignetting.

As for cropping and vignette fixing, and aperture. If I crop for web I use 600x900 pixels either orientation, and I try to crop out the vignette, but I'm not too concerned now about being perfect. I don't use any software to fix vignette. Yesterday I was shooting mostly 2.8--a few completely wide open. Those three shots above were 2.8 as it was too bright to shoot wide open. A few were stopped down, but those are still on my hard drive.

Kern 10/1.6 full, and cropped with a little usm.

Thank you Bill for your answer.

I don't think I have great news in regard to some of the OOF issues from this lens and others. I'm noticing that, with the SOM anyway, that when shot wide open the center is sharp as it should be, but from there it get's soft or smeary ( a word? ).
smear·y
adj. smear·i·er, smear·i·est
1. Having been smeared.
2. Tending to smear or soil.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language

I've been thinking that it would be a good idea to take some pictures of a white wall to show how different lenses vignette with different ratios and aperture settings.
That is an excellent idea.

The Kern 10 and 16 do vignette so I shoot them in 16:9 and it helps some. I'll post a comparison picture before and after cropping to show how much vignetting.
These picture are a revelation and a very useful warning to me. I was about to buy one of these lenses but your uncropped picture convinced me not to. For the time being I shall explore in more depth the capabilities of my

16mm/2.8 Zenitar

or use the kit lens for W/A until I find a better alternative. Thank you again for sharing your experience

Peter

Last edited:

wjlapier

Could be interesting to see how wide the 10 is, less the vignette, compared to the kit lens at it's widest. Another test ;)

W

wblynch

Yeah, it's not really a 10mm in the end if you have to crop away 1/3 of the picture... :(