The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

R

robertasumendi

Some G1 salsa dancing shots Just starting to figure out how to get some decent pictures... it's true shutter lag is a bit long w/this camera. These are with the Canon FD 50/1.4, ISO 3200 @ 1/60.

Jonas

Lately I have been shooting a lot of gloomy dark black and whites. When out walking I passed this builidng and couldn't resist doing something else. As I "traveled" light I had one lens only and it became a bit crazy; what you see here is a mosaic made up from 45 images:

OK, practising handholding and panos can't be bad anyway. Cheers, /Jonas

Diane B

Whew--45 shots. I'm impressed also. What lens?--and what pano software?--(and what patience to shoot the 45 shots correctly so they stitched so well).

Diane

Terry

Wow 45 shots is a lot of patience. Surprised that you were able to get the shot full on without distortion issues.

Now where would one find the architect :rolleyes: of that building. It may be colorful but will the design stand stand the test of time?????

Jonas

Thank you, all, for looking and commenting - it's always appreciated! The image was taken in the morning and I was out walking having an idea of getting a cople of images of the building next to the one depicted. The time of the day was the right but I'll have to wait a few weeks to get the sun in the right angle. So, I got these instead. I recently bought the ZD9-18 which would have been a better choice. Lol, it would have covered the building with four shots I think.

Excellent Jonas, which lens did you have with you?
Hi Brian. If I bring one lens only it is the Kern Switar 26/1.1 Macro these days. For an image like this it is about the worst choice, lol. See further down.

Jonas, Nice job on the pano. It must have been a lot of work to shoot and assemble 45 shots. I'm impressed.
Hi Cindy. Impressive stubbornness? It really isn't that much work... A bit tedious when standing there, especially as I run out of of space and had to switch memory card. The major part of the work is done by the stitching software...

Whew--45 shots. I'm impressed also. What lens?--and what pano software?--(and what patience to shoot the 45 shots correctly so they stitched so well).
Hi Diane. The Switar 26/1.1 doesn't cover the sensor and also make for some smearing at the borders and corners. So, I worked with a lot of overlap moving a third of the FOV for each shot only. The viewfinder grid helps...
The fact I had climbed a small hill having a vantage point not too low helped with the perspective (and the composition). I use PTGui for stitching.

Wow 45 shots is a lot of patience. Surprised that you were able to get the shot full on without distortion issues.

Now where would one find the architect :rolleyes: of that building. It may be colorful but will the design stand stand the test of time?????
Hi Terry. The light changed while I switched memory card. The first three rows are taken twice. I didn't mind as the light got better but yes, it is a bit tedious. No biggie though. I often use the technique of taking two or three images handheld for later stitching when needed.

I have the same question about the design and wear and tear. We have a large area of buildings designed in various modern ways, a little like Dockside in London, England, and I really wonder what impression they will give in say 15-20 years from now.

Last year I visited Riga, Latvia and was very impressed by the Jugend (or Art Nouveau) buildings. What a difference!

Kind regards to all of you, /Jonas

Friedel

French cowboys, bringing bulls to the arena

The bulls are hidden behind the horses. You can see horns behind the gardian with the brown horse. Nine gardians bring 3 bulls to the arena, arounding them with their horses. In southern france, they practice an unbloody corrida. Pictures of this event will follow.

G1 with Panaleica 14-150, at 150mm, f5,6, 1/640 sec

Karl
--

Jonas

Re: French cowboys, bringing bulls to the arena

The bulls are hidden behind the horses. (...)
Karl, That's a very nice image filled with energy and details. I think you did a good job with the framing and you captured a special situation very well.
I prefer the B&W version. Regards, /Jonas

Friedel

...I prefer the B&W version. Regards, /Jonas
Hi Jonas, thank you for your comment. I printed both versions and i also must say, the B+W print has more dynamic.

P.S.
I am very impressed from your pano picture.

Karl

Jonas

You must be joking right...? Otherwise I am really impressed by your result!!!
Ah, no, not a joke. I may be a stubborn idiot but I seldom make jokes.

It was early in the morning and the light was right. So, I could get back there another day with good light (in gloomy Sweden, ha ha) with another lens taking just 4 or maybe 9 images. Or I could stay put with the 26mm lens and snap on, and on.

A photographer gotta do what a photographer gotta do.

You did a marvellous job, Jonas !!
Rafael
Nah. Clicking away is easy. PTGui did the real work by stitching the lot:

From there it was just ordinary PP left for me.

Thank you for looking/commenting! /Jonas

EDIT: Thank you Karl.

iiiNelson

Thank you, Rafael. Please help me, wich one looks better, the colour version or the following B+W version:

Thank you,
Karl
Normally I think I prefer B&W but in this case I like the color a little more because the lone brown horse just adds something to the picture.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Normally I think I prefer B&W but in this case I like the color a little more because the lone brown horse just adds something to the picture.
I have to agree. I like the colour version better as well.