The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

kweide

I prefer color as well. It looks like an old western film. Cowboys coming to town, trail has ended and all they want is a bath, a shave, Whisky and fun :)

Diane B

Since there's been a good bit of discussion of why others prefer the color--my reason for preferring the b & w is because the color image has more of a 'modern' feel, particularly the man with the open shirt and the one with the blue print. In b & w, it seems more timeless to me--and I like the contrast of the light horses with the dark center one. The mono shot has a feel of power to it that the color doesn't transmit to me--but YMMV *smile*. Aren't we glad we have choices with digital.

Diane

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I went through some "old" photos, from January last year, winter in Hanoi.

E-1 with OM 100mm f/2.8, probably @ f/5.6, but who knows?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Friedel and Jorgen - I really like both of your shots.
Thanks, Terry. Beautiful landscape too.

Here's one more from Hanoi last year. I was there for four days, and the OM adapter somehow got stuck to the camera, so I had only one lens, the 100mm f/2.8. It came loose again at the airport. There's probably a meaning with things like that, don't you think?

E-1 with OM 100mm f/2.8, probably @ f/4 or 5.6

Terry

Haha Jorgen,
It just makes you do a little more work. I love walking around with only one lens.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Haha Jorgen,
It just makes you do a little more work. I love walking around with only one lens.
Actually, this is the reason why I started taking photos of people in Hanoi in the first place. I thought I was going to come home with lots of interesting buildings, but 100mm isn't very wide on a 4/3 camera :LOL:

Leica 77

Hello,
A couple of shots recorded by G1 with its Kit Lens, G Vario 14-45mm lens, during my recent conference travel to Macau. The images were captured inside the historic St. Anthony's Church. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

Last edited:

helenhill

FTIEDEL;
Its the COLOR shot that Does IT for Me......OUTSTANDING...:clap:

TERRY:
Beautiful Landscape....You have become a Natural Californian

:D-Helen

Rick Waldroup

From a Tea Party in the small farming town of Weatherford, Texas - April 15, 2009

The camera was a Lumix L1 with the Leica 14-50 zoom

Protesters

Give Me Liberty Or I'll Kill You

Two Children

What Will My Future Be

Save the Constitution