The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Brian Mosley

...and The Shillito Cross, an ancient landmark, about 2m high, that would have been used to guide early travellers across the moors.

...and by the side of a nearby gate, sitting in a little hollow is another old stone which is a guide stoop dating from 1710.

Kind Regards

Brian

endre novak

...and The Shillito Cross, an ancient landmark, about 2m high, that would have been used to guide early travellers across the moors.

...and by the side of a nearby gate, sitting in a little hollow is another old stone which is a guide stoop dating from 1710.

Kind Regards

Brian
beautiful images.

scho

My favorite local gorge trail just re-opened today so I took the G1 with Konica AR 40mm f/1.8 for a little walk.

Diane B

Raf, how many shots and what lens did you use please? They are ordinary landscapes made extraordinary by the wide sweep of the pano and the almost painterly feel of the colors. Very nice

Diane

Diane B

Carl, Its a beautiful area. That third one really beckons to me--I love old stone with moss and I know the water rushing through those small stone falls must be wonderful to hear. Nice to see the 40 f/1.8 too--it appears to be quite sharp.

Diane

Diane B

Brian, I'm a tree lover--maybe even a tree hugger *smile*, but the last 2 are the ones that appeal even more to me. Seeing ancient stones appearing in otherwise normal landscapes and wondering about the people that used them as guides or for other purposes is something I love to see from your part of the world. It looks very Spring-like there also.

Diane

Brian Mosley

Thanks Diane, me too! I love trees... it's amazing how every tree has its' own personality.

Here's another from today - really pleased with the E-30 'colour depth'.

...and yes, we have Spring!

Kind Regards

Brian

Last edited:

f6cvalkyrie

Raf, how many shots and what lens did you use please? They are ordinary landscapes made extraordinary by the wide sweep of the pano and the almost painterly feel of the colors. Very nice

Diane
Hi Diane,

they are both 5-shot stitches.
First one with the 14-45mm lens @ 14mm and f7.1
Second one @ 25mm and f5.0

C U,
Rafael

Friedel

@scho: amazing shots. This konica lens seems to be very sharp!
@brian: beautiful colours, i like the mushroom photo and the last tree.
Here some more colours from southern france, G1 with zuiko 25/2,8

Karl

scho

Thanks Diane. I'm starting to like the little Konica 40.
Thank you also Friedel. Very intense colors in your nice seascapes from France.
Brian, I always enjoy seeing your lovely landscapes. That ZD 11-22 on the E-30 pulls out an amazing amount of fine detail.

f6cvalkyrie

This is my first trial at HDR and tone mapping
Shot with G1 and kitlens 14-45 @14mm
1 raw file developped into 2 jpgs with 2.5 stops difference
HDR and tone mapping with Photomatix Pro

Brussels, Grand Place

C U,
Rafael​

kweide

what are your impressions of the 7-14?
looks pretty good to me.
joe
Most loved lens, absolutely fascinating glass. Best lens i ever used. 7-14 and 14-54 are my most used Zuikos now !! But i really prefer that gem 7-14 as always on glass, my first choise. Yes it is sometimes a little nervous and delicate with sunlight from the side... but that flares have a special look of rainbowcolored spot. I like that very much.

back alley

Most loved lens, absolutely fascinating glass. Best lens i ever used. 7-14 and 14-54 are my most used Zuikos now !! But i really prefer that gem 7-14 as always on glass, my first choise. Yes it is sometimes a little nervous and delicate with sunlight from the side... but that flares have a special look of rainbowcolored spot. I like that very much.
thanks.
sounds like the new panasonic 7-14 will have something to prove.