The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

f6cvalkyrie

This is my first trial at HDR and tone mapping
Shot with G1 and kitlens 14-45 @14mm
1 raw file developped into 2 jpgs with 2.5 stops difference
HDR and tone mapping with Photomatix Pro

Brussels, Grand Place

C U,
Rafael​

Jonas

This is my first trial at HDR and tone mapping​

I don't know Rafael... The colors and the light distribution looks a bit strange here. What would happen if you fiddled with the settings and toned it down a bit?

EDIT: Ooops. Sorry. I allready posted this reply, but at the wrong place. So I didn't find it and decided to post again. Lol. Sorry.​

Last edited:

f6cvalkyrie

No, no, Jonas, your reply was OK. It was me deleting by accident the original pic when I wanted to upload a slightly modified version. I couldn't find a way to edit my first post, so I did a quote, and this caused the confusion.

C Y
Rafael

Brian Mosley

I've been browsing the 'Fun with MF images' thread, and working on my RAW processing workflow to achieve a similar sense of colour depth with the E-30... here's an image from my walk today.

E-30 + ZD 7-14

I feel that I'm getting closer to the look I want.

Kind Regards

Brian

iiiNelson

I've been browsing the 'Fun with MF images' thread, and working on my RAW processing workflow to achieve a similar sense of colour depth with the E-30... here's an image from my walk today.

E-30 + ZD 7-14

I feel that I'm getting closer to the look I want.

Kind Regards

Brian
Outstanding image as usual from you!

I hope the Panasonic 7-14 offers similar or improved optical capability otherwise I will need to seek a Oly 7-14 and 4/3 adapter soon.

Brian Mosley

Thanks MerQ, unfortunately - even if the Lumix 7-14 matches the IQ of the ZD 7-14, I'm still going to keep using the ZD 7-14 on my Olympus DSLRs... I'm very happy with the performance I'm getting now, can't wait to get hold of an E-620 again!

Here's another shot using the same workflow from this lunchtime.

E-30 + ZD 11-22mm f2.8-3.5
1/1000s f/6.3 at 11.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian

iiiNelson

I completely understand that but the G1 is my only 4/3 family body so far. If I already had a 4/3 camera then I'd probably focus on 4/3 lenses. If the e620 was already out I would have possibly picked it up instead but it's not and I wanted something else in addition to my D-Lux 4 for my vacation last week since selling my Canon kit.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks MerQ, unfortunately - even if the Lumix 7-14 matches the IQ of the ZD 7-14, I'm still going to keep using the ZD 7-14 on my Olympus DSLRs... I'm very happy with the performance I'm getting now, can't wait to get hold of an E-620 again!

Here's another shot using the same workflow from this lunchtime.

E-30 + ZD 11-22mm f2.8-3.5
1/1000s f/6.3 at 11.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian
Exceptional! Your processing is spot-on!

Jonas

(...)upload a slightly modified version. (...) I couldn't find a way to edit my first post, so I did a quote, and this caused the confusion.
Ah. Now I see. Well, I understand just fine if somebody explains things to me.
Is there anything different in the new version from the first except of size? It still look saturated but lacking contrast and with a weird color to the sky. I'm sorry but I have to say "No, not for me" again.

I have seen some nice HDR images not looking totally HDR-like and as I understand it the people behind them have been experimenting for a long time to get it right. Plus personal feelings differ. It takes some patience I guess.
Regards, /Jonas

Diane B

Ah, Spring in our mts. and over the top Carolina colors. I had to come down in altitude to get leafing out--mt. tops still in grey winter colors.

Diane

Brian Mosley

Lovely view Diane, and I like the frame too.

I took the E-400 + 12-60mm SWD with me this morning - a great walkabout combination.

E-400 + 12-60
1/800s f/4.0 at 60.0mm iso100

Kind Regards

Brian

Photomorgana

Brian,
why would you keep ZD 7-14mm even if m4/3 7-14mm will yell the same quality and resolution? Is it weather sealing, or you just like the big and rugged feel?