The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Diane B

Brian,
why would you keep ZD 7-14mm even if m4/3 7-14mm will yell the same quality and resolution? Is it weather sealing, or you just like the big and rugged feel?
I'm just guessing he would want it for his 4/3rds bodies (one of which is weather proofed, isn't it??) and of course the m4/3rds won't work with them. Guess I shouldn't speak for him though LOL.

Diane

Leica 77

Hello Diane B, Brian Mosley, Georg Baumann, f6cvalkyrie, scho, Friedel, and Kweide,
All of you have posted very beautiful images. Here are a couple of digital images captured by my favorite E-330 + SMC Pentax M 40mm (older pancake lens). Thanks for looking. Leica 77 :)

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

Hi Leica 77, nice light... keep going! :)

E-3 + ZD 14-35mm f2 SWD
1/640s f/8 at 14.0mm iso400 (don't ask! :salute: slaps forehead)

Kind Regards

Brian

jklotz

I just came back from a west coast trip. I had my G1, along with a few other cameras. Sure was nice to have the 400mm (equivalent) along!

Michiel Schierbeek

Reaching the sky

I just came back from a west coast trip. I had my G1, along with a few other cameras. Sure was nice to have the 400mm (equivalent) along!
Looks like a nice and causy conversation in that last pic! Lovely animals.

Here is something different; " Reaching the sky "

E-3 and 12-60

Peter Klein

I used the E-510 with 14-54 to photograph the newest addition to our household. Meet Tilly the Border Terrier.

#1: bright concrete in full sunlight, and some black fur in shadow. Had to use a bit of highlight recovery, but it worked.

#2: Bounce flash with generic Vivitar thyristor autoflash, with my fingers protruding from behind the flash to provide a little direct catchlight.

Last edited:

scho

Two images using the Konica AR 40mm f/1.8 + G1. First image stitched from 2 frames to produce a 1:1 format and second stitched from 4 frames to also yield a square composition. I would love to have a Gx with a 16 to 20 mp square sensor.

Diane B

Carl, the second in particular looks great. Any problem stitching with the running water?? My 40 f/1.8 was shipped today so I may have it by weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.

Diane

A

Alexander Bauer

this is one of a kind forum and amazing thread...

I would love to start posting here, but a gotta get G1 first lol.

that is to say if i have enough left after I buy one of MFDBs
thats why I'm posting here first (afraid of going back to MFDB section lol.)

Michiel Schierbeek

this is one of a kind forum and amazing thread...

I would love to start posting here, but a gotta get G1 first lol.

that is to say if i have enough left after I buy one of MFDBs
thats why I'm posting here first (afraid of going back to MFDB section lol.)
Welcome Alexander. Get the G1, it's amazing.
All those abbreviations, what are MFDB's. I'll guess; manual focus digital bodys.
Right?

Some more flowerpics. Getting a little adicted to flowers these days.

G1 with Leica R Elmarit 90/2.8

Jupiter-9 85/2

scho

Carl, the second in particular looks great. Any problem stitching with the running water?? My 40 f/1.8 was shipped today so I may have it by weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.

Diane
Thanks Diane. No problem stitching using CS4 Photomerge function. I hope you enjoy using this fine little lens. Very sharp.

Regards,
Carl

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

Carl, you got the exposure spot on for those two shots... nice tonality, and I can't see the joins either! well done, and thanks for sharing

Cheers

Brian

scho

Carl, you got the exposure spot on for those two shots... nice tonality, and I can't see the joins either! well done, and thanks for sharing

Cheers

Brian
Thank you Brian. Your work with the Hexanons inspired me to give them a try. I must say that the image quality from these relatively inexpensive lenses is quite remarkable.

Regards,
Carl

Brian Mosley

Yes, the 40mm f1.8 is a really great FL for walkabout photography imho, and the 57mm f1.2 is my favourite for portraits.

I really like the smooth manual focusing feel of the good Hexanon lenses.

Cheers

Brian

m3photo

Wisteria

G1 + Cosina-Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f/1.5 - 1/500 at f/1.5 ISO 100 - Lovely OOF (English for "bokeh").