The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 - 4:3 to micro 4:3 adaptor arrived today

jonoslack

Finally it arrived.
I bought it from Japan on ebay, and it was held in the UK pending duty payment . . . trouble is that they didn't tell me they had it, and it'd been sitting in Ipswich for a week!

Too dark to do anything useful, but the autofocus seems to work well and quickly with the 9-18, and the 50mm f2 macro is obviously going to be a marvel with it (as you said Cindy). I haven't managed to retrieve the pancake from my son yet, but I'll give that a go. What I'm really looking forward to is putting my Zeiss M 50mm f1.5 on it, but that is waiting on Cameraquest.

I've confirmed that (as Cindy reported earlier) the RAW files using the converter can be read in Aperture after converting to DNG, and that they are a sensible size!

I just tested:

1 raw file with 9-18 (13.5mb)
1 raw file with 14-42 kit (13.1mb)

convert to dng (with 'preserve raw image')

dng with 9-18 = 13.5mb (and works fine in Aperture)
dng with 14-42 = 53mb! (and doesn't work in Aperture)

Irritating really!

Terry

Hopefully you will have some good weather in the morning.....wait it is the morning for you WAKE UP!

I got my adapter this week as well....I just don't have any lenses to adapt it to :ROTFL: