The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Novoflex to start new adapter line for Micro 4/3rd

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Now if Olympus will just get their Micro 4/3 right this could get interesting.

"So, Novoflex's new lens adapter, which will let you put a Leica lens onto a Micro Four Thirds camera, has us rather excited. Novoflex is also planning Micro Four Thirds adapters for Leica R (the SLR lenses), Nikon, Contax/Yashica, Olympus, Pentax and Minolta lenses"

Full 'Wired' article here.

V

Vivek

John,

Who is "we" in the quoted article?

And why did it take so long for "them" to get the coin dropped at the right slot?:D

V

Vivek

I was hoping for a LTM adapter.

Just add a M to LTM adapter and you would not notice any difference. Even my tiny 2.5cm f/4 W-Nikkor-C sits and works perfectly.

Via the M adapter, using the M to LTM adapter, I can mount a Novoflex LEINIK
and use Nikon lenses (the ones with proper adjustable apertures and no G crap).
They do look big and ugly though.

Any number of already existing Leica thread to other system adapters- Minolta MD, Canon FD, Olympus OM, Konica, Leica R , what not can be mounted and used this way. One does not need a dedicated adapter for each and every system lens.

jlm

Workshop Member
today I hope to have the first prototype adapter made to adapt C/V thread mount or Leica thread mount lenses to the G1.

the next stage will be a G1 to Leica M mount adapter.

made from finely machined bronze, similar the the LTM-8 adapters we make for the M8.

e-mail me if interested; i will post details as soon as I can

[email protected]

john

V

Vivek

the next stage will be a G1 to Leica M mount adapter.
John, I am curious about the looks and the price. My self made M4/3rds to M adapter cost me close to the Novoflex adapter, this is not including my hours spent on cutting and grinding. Admittedly, I am not a machinist nor do I have the proper tools.

jlm

Workshop Member
my shop is very well equipped. these will be made on an Okuma CNC lathe to very high tolerance. it is the only economical way to do it.

shown is an example of a flange made for the Zeiss 18mm for the M8. it sells for $150, close to the target price for the G1-thread mount adapter

V

Vivek

That looks neat! :)

Would you post some shots of your workshop/equipment?

I am sending an email with some requests.

"So, Novoflex's new lens adapter, which will let you put a Leica lens onto a Micro Four Thirds camera, has us rather excited. Novoflex is also planning Micro Four Thirds adapters for Leica R (the SLR lenses), Nikon, Contax/Yashica, Olympus, Pentax and Minolta lenses"

Full 'Wired' article here.
Now, while I´ve seen the Novoflex adapter mentioned on several sites, I can´t find a single word about it on Novoflex´ own web site (neither the German nor the English version). Adapters to 4/3, yes, but no micro-4/3. Have they pulled it after people started writing about it, or have I missed something?

I´ve already ordered Stephen Gandy´s Leica M adapter, but I´d be interested in mounting an AF Micro Nikkor 60/2.8 that´s "left over" from my migration from Nikon. So, a Nikon F adapter, either directly to m4/3, or to either Leica M or LTM would be nice. There´s one of the latter in Novoflex´ price list; possibly Jim will come up with something as well.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I just emailed the "Wired" article's author about his source.

I would like to see something for the Canon FD mounts. Since the flange to sensor distance wouldn't be an issue with the micro 4/3

monza

Correct, it's not on their site yet. It has not been pulled; it's not yet been posted.

They say they'll have Nikon F direct to µ4/3, if you want to wait until February.

Or, the Panasonic DMW-MA1 (4/3 to µ4/3) and a Nikon F to 4/3 adapter (from Fotodiox and others) will do the trick now.

Canon FD has been announced from the Japanese vendor:

Or, the Panasonic DMW-MA1 (4/3 to µ4/3) and a Nikon F to 4/3 adapter (from Fotodiox and others) will do the trick now.
Fotodiox was a new acquaintance to me... and quite reasonable prices, too.

Is the quality of their adapters OK, and are they good to have business with?

Going via a 4/3 to m4/3 adapter would probably be OK (and allow for future use of 4/3 lenses...).

phobus

Fotodiox was a new acquaintance to me... and quite reasonable prices, too.

Is the quality of their adapters OK, and are they good to have business with?

Going via a 4/3 to m4/3 adapter would probably be OK (and allow for future use of 4/3 lenses...).
I have their Nikon to 4/3 adapter, it works great with my e420 and now the G1 with the m4/3 adapter. I can finally focus my Nikkor 50mm 1.4 through the viewfinder! :salute:

mreddington

Now, while I´ve seen the Novoflex adapter mentioned on several sites, I can´t find a single word about it on Novoflex´ own web site (neither the German nor the English version). Adapters to 4/3, yes, but no micro-4/3. Have they pulled it after people started writing about it, or have I missed something?
Per, I contacted Novoflex directly and have ordered an adapter by email. I was told they will be available next week.

I have their Nikon to 4/3 adapter, it works great with my e420 and now the G1 with the m4/3 adapter. I can finally focus my Nikkor 50mm 1.4 through the viewfinder! :salute:
Per, I contacted Novoflex directly and have ordered an adapter by email. I was told they will be available next week.
Sounds good on both fronts, then. Nice to hear.

I´ll stick with my already placed M adapter order with Stephen Gandy (unless there´s some real big delay), but if I like using these lenses full manual on the G1, I now know where to look for Nikon and Leica R adapters.

Thank you!

Terry

Sounds good on both fronts, then. Nice to hear.

I´ll stick with my already placed M adapter order with Stephen Gandy (unless there´s some real big delay), but if I like using these lenses full manual on the G1, I now know where to look for Nikon and Leica R adapters.

Thank you!
I emailed Steve last night....it's January now