The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Diving with sharks and the E-PL1 in Grand Bahama

ggibson

I've had a GF1 for a while now, but I just picked up the E-PL1 and underwater housing for my trip to Grand Bahama. Had a few great dives, and thought I would share a few images. Results from the 9-18mm came out really well on our shark dive, even though I was using the flat port and didn't have a flash setup yet. Here are a few shots and a link to the entire set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grahamgibson/sets/72157633007251459/

Shark feeder hypnotizing one of the reef sharks makes it possible for him to hold it vertically! I took some video also, so I'm working on editing that as well.

ggibson

I know this is a bit of a thread necro, but my images were noticed by a media agency in the UK and I worked with them to syndicate some articles around. It's pretty exciting for me, as the first time I've been published like this! Here's a link to an article in The Daily Mail:

Incredible moment shark whisperer hypnotises deadly shark for 15 minutes with a gentle nose rub | Mail Online

Also, if anyone is in the UK, you can find a few print articles appearing today in:

The Times - News section, page 4
The Daily Telegraph - page 8
Metro - page 3
Irish Daily Mirror - section M21 (pictured)